Page 4 of 386 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: August Hunicke Videos

Captain Zero! Sponsor FireFighterZero's Avatar

Good looking hinge.
    There are but two seasons. Winter, and preparing for winter.
    Jim

Im loving how beautifully more than a few of you here, are at making face & back cuts.

Flawless!

Can't tell you how many guys I've watched with no abilities or finesse. Well done my people!

TreeHouse WebMaster Sponsor Adam_P's Avatar

Man you can cut. Who taught you to cut? You were obviously taught by a timber-cutter, but I'll assume by your technique, that you were one yourself. Is that the case?

Do you know, you may be the only man who has ever placed a camera in the undercut. Surprised Gerry didn't do it.

Ton of pines where you're at though. Where you at man? Bend or thereabouts? Seems like a ton of Lodgepoles and Pondos. Thank you so very much for the exceptional effort. It means a lot.

Anyone who calls themselves inbred and pays me a compliment like that- would have my fullest attention.

TreeHouser Sponsor August Hunicke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inbredJed View Post
    Man you can cut. Who taught you to cut? You were obviously taught by a timber-cutter, but I'll assume by your technique, that you were one yourself. Is that the case?

Do you know, you may be the only man who has ever placed a camera in the undercut. Surprised Gerry didn't do it.

Ton of pines where you're at though. Where you at man? Bend or thereabouts? Seems like a ton of Lodgepoles and Pondos. Thank you so very much for the exceptional effort. It means a lot.
    Thanks! Started up in Alaska where I'm from and also done a bit in WA. Yes Logging industry accounts for a lot of my experience. I was a good climber though so they always had me working along the property and power lines etc. pulling them over and whatnot. Nowadays, it's 95% residential tree work, you know, climbing a lot. I prefer to fall a tree any day though over climbing it. I'm in Grants Pass Oregon. Big variety of trees here. All sorts of puzzles to solve.

Old Schooler Sponsor gf beranek's Avatar

August, your videos portray the excellence and pride of the best in this industry. Thank you!

More reality shows depicting this industry should follow your lead. I think you set the bar for all the rest to follow. Again, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by August Hunicke View Post
    I'm in Grants Pass Oregon. Big variety of trees here. All sorts of puzzles to solve.
    There's a former Natnl climbing champ name of Jim Harris that lives in Grants Pass August.

Wouldn't happen to know him would yu?

Very fast in his day.

Your vid production talents really shine through mate.

Jomo

Quote Originally Posted by gf beranek View Post
    August, your videos portray the excellence a
    More reality shows depicting this industry should follow your lead!
    I agree.

I'm sickened by what is portrayed of our industry.. Low life uneducated drunks who are as vulgar as they are socially inept.

The exploration of modern arboriculture for television by our finest would make very exciting TV. It would also show the average homeowners what exemplifies a knowledgable arborist— therefore giving the folks who care to give their best, get the work they deserve.

But that probably wouldn't make good television. You know what is said; Simple pleasures for simple minds.

TreeHouser Sponsor August Hunicke's Avatar

Thank you. What a great treat the Treehouse turned out to be, to hob-nob with G.F. Beranek! Who knows, maybe some of my YouTube videography (and the other videographers work here) can end up with some sort of contemporary, organized library of work to display. I have a lot of ideas. Just getting started with video really.