August Hunicke Videos

August, I was ordering a speed line kit, shipping is $36? Seems crazy high for a small 2 lb package, maybe I'm missing something

Its 10 biners and 10 webbing slings and I don't need it yesterday

Yeah I have one tree in mind for it but once I have it I should be able to use it a few times/year

It all depends on if the area around the base of the tree is clear or not. Nowadays people use them to keep the groundies from having to drag... frig that!

I presume they are AL. Wouldn't need steel for a buncha conifer speed line limbs.

Making my own would obviously be pretty easy but I know AH has experimented a lot with finding the right biner for the app so it'd be nice to take advantage of that experience.

If the biner holds and slides, its good. Optimal, maybe not. A 95% max sharp chain cuts like a hot knife through butter.

I've used a bunch of different ones. No real difference to the average Joe. If I had to select one and source it, as a product, I'd look for the best package, not necessarily the very best biner.

Steel for wood.

Almost never a locking biner. Good arrangement is key...Reg pointed out in a video to make sure your sling is not girth-hitched to the work where the biner is at the butt...farther or closer attachment so the biner and rope cooperate.

Natural Crotch speedlining is a thing, FWIW. Sometimes I just surf some down the line sorta balanced if they aren't worth slinging, and nothing important is in the drop. Sometimes they surf to the ground, other times, they make it closer to the chipper. NC holds fine with the right crotch.

NC SL is cool. Doesn't happen for me real often but yeah

I'm not nearly on the level of anyone here, but i use them often (when i do trees). I use it most for small limbs over objects, where i need to move them laterally to come down. I also will use them to help pull a limb to hinge it, and then lower by just letting it slide. If you use two slings, you can land long skinny limbs easily where lowering them would be much more headache or might even strike something. Works great for stuff almost out of reach of a lift too, rather than trying to hold on to it you let the speedline do the work. With a little common sense you can greatly reduce the force on dead trees by guiding stuff to a safe landing zone rather than rigging it. The slings are handy for catching small limbs to then toss, so it's worth having them just for that. They make doing work over roofs and objects much easier for me, but I'm in an area where I'm usually working around a bunch of targets and have/choose to rig a bunch.

love the new platform guys.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back