August Hunicke Videos

Now that we have a bucket truck, have to put a crane on our bucket list. The grapple truck has gotten us by for "crane work" but at some point we'll have to get a proper one. Funny though, we haven't hired a crane in over 2 years here. At least now we've worked for a crane company owner on their custom home lot, so we have a good contact if we do need to hire one in.

How did you get such a great deal/why did they let it go so cheap?

Well, long story but it was a rental company manager doing the selling for the owner. I think he was a bit frivolous with the sale and I pounced.

Nice. My boss has let several deals pass that I’ve found. He doesn’t quite understand that you can’t mess around because it’ll be gone in an hour.

Crouching tiger here. As a crew, we well realize how quickly true deals get snatched up. Trying to build up a capital fund in order to facilitate quick purchases and upgrades for deals that suddenly come on the radar.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/H5sMIzneNxI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hella vid, thanks for making and posting.

Yeah very cool music.

Was that a demo or did you buy the WTC, or maybe both.

Hats off!

I see in the Youtube comments a number of folks say get the Bandit 19", I would tend to agree. The large bandit is the most incredible 'hand fed' chipper Ive ever seen. Its a chipper that thinks its a bulldozer.

Yup, gonna need a bigger truck. Hell, I would look at a self loader rig you can shoot into and put the logs in......
Great stuff August. Settle on that machine or something diffy.?

Loved it. I told you that you would need a bigger truck though. We’ve had good luck with our Vermeer chippers. Lots of sensors that can screw up a day but once you figure them out and keep a few spares at the shop it’s not so bad. Our problem with them has been dealer support. Our local dealer was bought out and we don’t seem to be as important to the new owners so we just bought an 18” morbark. They’re all good machines. Dealers make one better than the other.

I can't afford the chipper but I like it a lot. It's engineered so well. . . 1200 lb machine, super efficient use of materials to make such a compact unit that can swallow whole trees. I bet the Bandit and Morbark equivalents are "weigh" heavier. I'm not against Bandit or Morbark or anything, all that back and forth isn't for me. Reminds me the Stihl/Husky Ford/Chevy piss-on-this-and-that stickers I see in peoples back windows. It's silly.
I love dealing with Vermeer as a company.
They've been second to none (and RDO Equipment.)

It's only money!!!

So that was all a dealer demo? Ha, I've done that a couple times... lol.

Get it! You know you want it!!!

Back