August Hunicke Videos

I think everyone has attempted to drive off with the block heater still plugged in at least once :lol:
Not so likely with the Internationals -- the block heater plug in is right below the driver door, cord is running down the steps to get in the truck!

I've never driven away plugged in. I always unplug before starting. No lockouts/tagouts and I've been doing it my whole life.

"Wow those are awesome!!!! I might look into that! About how much do they want for one? "

Not really.
Probably way less over your way, seems to be that way with most things.

I paid the equivalent of 4 grand for mine.
It has a timer, that will allow you to set it to start in the morning, so you come out to a warm car, same for afternoon, when you are going home. It has 4 settings, so when we are logging and eat at fixed times, the truck is always warm for us.
Also, you can call it up by phone and change the setting or start it up.

When we are working a big tree and lunch is drawing near, someone on the ground will either walk to the truck and turn it on manually or if the truck is parked far away, call it.

Then we have a warm place to sit and eat.

Never cold starting your engine makes it last a lot longer.
I got 500,000 kilometers out of my last VW truck before rust ate it up.

Expensive, yes, but once you've had one, there is no going back.

hmmm, "never cold start your engine"
So pay the price to never cold start it is like getting a bunch of miles for less money than an engine replacement in the end.
Sounds right, makes sense. Glad is a mild climate here.

I agree the cost would be minimal for what you get, especially considering the cost of a truck. I bet i could also use it on the welder, so that would be worth it alone too. Thanks man, learn something here everyday.

There are two really good German brands, Webasto and Eberspächer.

Having experience with both, I must say I prefer Webasto.

Their set up is simply more logical, at least to my brain.

Quality wise I've never had reason to doubt they are the same level.

We loop the cord over the driver side mirror for the block heaters. Used to have drop cords from the ceiling between the bays and they always hung in front of the windshield. Even with them hanging in plain sight they still got ripped off.:X.

I agree the cost would be minimal for what you get, especially considering the cost of a truck. I bet i could also use it on the welder, so that would be worth it alone too. Thanks man, learn something here everyday.

Pro heat is the brand I hear of most commonly here. Lots of guys put them in pickups and over the road trucks most all have them.

http://www.proheat.com/

"Proheat is a global leader in advanced auxiliary heaters."

What do you know?
I've never heard of them, so I guess Europe isn't part of the Globe.

Looks like really fine units, wonder why we don't see them here.

We had a Webasto put in the new feller buncher.
Saves starting the machine up and sitting around for ½ hour, waiting for the oil to heat up.
This way, the driver can just hop right in and go to work.
I just did the numbers on that.
It'll have paid for itself in ½ a year.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VdQ3DvHUI5s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The tension in power lines never worried me! :P

I wouldn't have asked the guy about the palm of granite, knowing he was gonna be a dick. Dig it up, yuge root ball, cover the hole, toss it back afterwards!

He woulda never noticed. I agree with the vibe you caught off the backyard observer. Cool they backed off.

Great vid, superb job, long day.

I guarantee you that the guy didn’t really give a shit about the pomegranate, just gave him some kind of involvement in the process, some kind of relevance.

I’ve seen it hundreds of times, as Butch says, dig it up first, sometimes it’s easier to say sorry than ask permission.

Nice job, good editing. Captures the tension, especially from the owner''s POV, of some tree jobs.

Ya Butch I edited it out but it’s like she was looking for her chance to scam insurance.

Back