August Hunicke Videos

I'd call that a

double-overhand tied-off, Super-Munter-Hitch-on-a-bight.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OLaEmPs7tac" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good sun-halo, moving clouds, and crane-perspective shots. Good music. Good mix of tree work and backstory/ jokes.

thanks sean, that's it alright!!
I love knowing what it is, thanks!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2DMzt21u7pw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm interested to see how the vermeer grapple does feeding brush and logs into the chipper. I watched a Vermeer video, which might have operator-clumsiness, but it looks like a bit of a PITA.

I've done it, works great too. I put plywood next to the chipper when on grass or a nice driveway to avoid marking up the ground from all the little turns required.

So many times I see ya'll making extra work for yourself (the climber) using multiple slings when one will do.
They needed to find ways to take longer to get pie remember?

I'd call that a

double-overhand tied-off, Super-Munter-Hitch-on-a-bight.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OLaEmPs7tac" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good sun-halo, moving clouds, and crane-perspective shots. Good music. Good mix of tree wo

rk and backstory/ jokes.

It might also be called..."if you want to optimize your rope on rope friction potential, use this".
:D

ya burn, but i never use it running, its always tied off.

btw butch, two points of connection or spider-legging with crane, especially with long low limbs over home is not extravagant. Seems A-Ok to me.
(chimney there with crumbly loose bricks all over it)

Using one sling is much faster and less work for the climber. In fact, using two climbers on those long limbs sounds like more labor but it's even faster. Just stand the limb up and be done with it.

I'll have to agree with Butch on this. I've done a couple hundred crane jobs and nearly every pick is a stand up. I'll occasionally do a long horizontal limb with two attachments but it's not for lack of room to stand it up; more so because I was worried about it breaking loose before it got to vertical. To each his own though. Your circus, your monkeys.

I rarely do crane work.

Sometimes limbs criss cross. A spider leg would seem to allow you to pull through these conflicting limbs without as much movement.

When I dismantle maples, this rigging or lifting conflict is common in older, previously-damaged trees.

Rock on - it's your business. To each their own. I don't believe in a god, either... go figure!

Oh brother. . . FP
And some guys never fully develop.

Seriously, I don't understand this attitude. Face plant? Not "developed?"

Really??? I guess it's good that I retired... youse "developed" guys can take over.

Back