August Hunicke Videos

Thanks, STOKED, I have experience with cab mounts, and the price and proximity was right.

One time on a big pick, the dead top swung around and a big limb broke off, straddling the boom. It slid down straight toward the operator, who went diving to the ground. It smashed the top of the cab and blew out the windshield. Funny thing is 10 minutes before that I was commenting on how well the job was going.

Shoulda knocked on wood!

Mad stoked!

Ha good story MB. Never had that happen to a crane but don't ya hate when the bucket boom guides those crazy dead limbs right down onto the truck. Bleaaagh!!

A bucket truck w/o a HR has a moron for an owner. :drink:

I'll give a pass to rear-mounts, but they still should have one unless they RARELY drop the front stabilizer, to pass overhead.

AH, have you done a lot of crane work, I can't recall it from your vids.

Tiny ones, that just cover the roof a bit are cool and better than nothing, but any bucket truck of mine will have coverage all the way to the front of the truck.

If it 360's it does, Jomo.

That's a sweet truck crane, almost identical to Atlas' inhouse crane that I worked with for many years.

Don't abuse em and they'll pay for themselves many times over!

The owners of Atlas are both millionaires!

Aug deserves a badass crane.

Jomo

no

AH, have you done a lot of crane work, I can't recall it from your vids.

yeah quite a bit for about 2 years, long before GoPro or the internet, but almost exclusively as the climber. I'll be a noob operator. . . ran them on crab boats tho.

Gonna be fun to see that iron doin it to it in your future vids. 8)

August, turning it up to 11!

We've dropped 2 or 3 trees simultaneously in a domino fashion before, but August turned it up a notch to 11!
Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R2SJ7CPER6I" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back