August Hunicke Videos

I am looking forward to the flail mower video. I've been eying those for a while.

Image.jpg Image 3.jpg I've been using this one for a while now it's an Atom Splitter (just the cone) attached to my auger drive works great for breaking down logs for chipping and firewood.

Do you happen to have a link Rajan? I’ve been contemplating ways to dispose of larger wood. We can easily get rid of chips( cheaply even when we have to pay), but large wood cost a small fortune.

Roughly $300 a load for large wood. Do that a few times daily, it adds up quick. The atom splitter or something like it might work to make these behemoth junk logs chippable. Most of it gets dumped at our shop property and gets loaded out once a week. There is always a mountain of it. If I dump today it will be hauled out in about a month. We pay by the ton. It’s amazing what a few weeks time will do for weight loss.

Careful, they might bring you a new bigger crane :O

That atom splitter is just so cool, I had no idea they could split whole logs. Not a bad idea for chipping soft wood, but hardwood is easy to get rid of around here, it is more space efficient to stick the big logs in the chip truck whole than to chip them if no other trailer was available.

Do you happen to have a link Rajan? I’ve been contemplating ways to dispose of larger wood. We can easily get rid of chips( cheaply even when we have to pay), but large wood cost a small fortune.

I do not I just googled Atom Splitter. The one I have fits any standard auger drive with 2 9/16" shank. The drive I have is a McMillian high torque low speed unit that I use a 36" auger for tree planting as well. More bang for the buck so to speak. One other thing is to have a sledge and splitting wedges to help with big splits.

If we have to take over 20" logs or whole stumps to the landfill, where they bring in a tub grinder or burn them, we not only pay the 55.00 per ton, but we get a 150.00 premium charge on top per load.
Meanwhile, the larger company's doing ROW and roads get paied 40.00 per ton to take them to a transfer station where they grind them up and sell to a bio plant 2 plus hours away. California is ridiculous

Where are you guys in the comments sections when everybody is harassing me for chipping wood. Even that Cottonwood, somebody said I should be giving it to orphans and widows or something.

I donate the wood to a youth sports program, oak usually. Then the adults and kids assemble on a day with saws, splitters and trailers for delivery at 250.00 a cord. We'll drop 12 cord in an 8 hour day processing. I just volunteer my trucks, trailer, splitters and some saw time. Kids load em up. Older kids splitters. Running about 3.
And that is how we get wood to widders. :lol:

Nice, Stephen!!

August, I'm surprised you care what wackos say. Granted, I've never posted a vid and seen the resulting comments but yeah.

My understanding of the world is: no matter how fine of a job you do some jack wagon will say the opposite just because they are a jack wagon.

Ya, it wears on a guy but not for long, then it wears again. I just especially don’t like environmentally judgmental wimps. The kind that think wearing wool is stealing from sheep. Those people. I nearly hate them.

Back