August Hunicke Videos

That was just smooth and fun to watch!

"move the house"..."just go away" :lol:

I caught 11 flying squirrels in my attic over the course of a winter in the 90's. Took them to the nearby State park and released them at a big oak with a good hollow. It was always fun to watch them skedaddle up the tree and sail...magic carpet ride...like August just showed.

Once I had just finished an oak takedown right at dark. The lady of the house came out on the porch to see how we were doing. A flying squirrel bombed out of the tree and landed in her big bouffant style hair (think Marge on Simpsons)...quite the hoedown while she sorted out what was hair and what was squirrel. Gawd, it was so hard not to fall out laughing.

Great footage you got, August. Loved the Thug Life scene.:lol:

I bet that lady experiencing the “squirrel revival” (name that reference) hit some high pitched sounds ...

I bet he made some sounds!

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/gL3Y6OT"><a href="//imgur.com/a/gL3Y6OT">If you think you’re having a bad day.. It could get worse!</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I can just see August making the plunge!

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="QIRxsFV"><a href="//imgur.com/QIRxsFV">Drone ran out of batteries over a lake</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Drone save footage is EP. IC. Mine crashed into a pond as well, completely submerged, I fished it out, dried it off and it keeps working. Good job Mellow on the Ray Stevens.

Dang Mellow beat me to it. Reading this at 11:15 pm I’m sure that song will be stuck in my head till I fall asleep. I’m tired but I have the feeling I will now be up a bit longer.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SVFQFPFoRv8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ive never actually used one but your buddy mark chisholm who is extremely knowledgeable favors them. From what i've read they are good when you aren't totally sure where the weight/lean is so you can use the v cut to hold the piece in place longer/safer. Though I've wondered how, when you finish the cuts at the bottom apex, why the piece wouldn't sit down into the v and pinch your saw prior to picking.

Crane-question, standing up single-sling picks on barberchair-prone species... Any issues?

A crane job I did about 5 years ago, I had a forest maple start to split me. Wasn't being stood up really, but split all the same.

Before cutting, I wrapped it with about 4- 6 turns of 1/2" rope that I had, for whatever reason. Maybe small diameter for a chain binder, dunno. Poor choice.

I bailed out on an SRT -choking canopy and he just broke the uncut bit free.

A small pick for his capacity. Just the top off of one of the smaller maple trees, out of 8, so the details blur.

I've had an over-enthusiastic crane operator start lifting a piece when I was only about half way through the cut. It'll barber-chair like crazy but since its attached to the crane, where is it going to go? I just cut faster to catch up with it.

Back