August Hunicke Videos

Oh that was great! Funny too :lol:
Pick three woulda wrecked the boom...hope Billy was wearing his harness.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IXGutaFr5Ow" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

August: I readily admit that you are easily twice the tree guy that I am. I learned a ton from you and deeply admired a now ancient GoPro natural crotching vid that you did over the house in which you did gutsier stuff than I think that I would have done. I'm not blowin smoke when I say that I deeply admire you.

However. Don't you feel that crane work is exceedingly boring... about like doing construction, or working in an assembly line in a fish cannery? I stinkin hate it compared to conventional work. We have a slightly bigger crane than yours, and I loathe the times when I'm sent out on the crane crew. Choke a piece, torch it off, choke a piece, torch it off. "What am I good for here Brian?"... "uhhh, yer good fer 2 grand." Choke two grand, torch it off. :banghead: Moreover, the videos are unwatchable for me. Do you like conventional work better?

I see it how you do Jed. I do wish for a crane most days though. I’ve done one crane removal in the last ten years though. I have a friend that has done nothing but crane work for two years straight and whines to me how he misses the complexity of rigging. I love the fact that I can figure out how to do the job with out one but know that there are better, safer, and more efficient ways to do a job.

I like that one Butch. That’s a keeper. Jed, my favorite work is tree falling. But I like to make money so I love the crane. Thanks all, I just posted this video up and then promptly spent three days in the woods with no cell just the family. Really a nice time. I have a video coming up with a pick in it that is just for Butch.

Jed, guys, I’ve got 25 + years of tree work experience mostly without fancy things. Ie: bucket trucks, skid steer, crane. I love the crane. It makes me happy.

I think that last video really shows how much better a crane is. Imagine without: the cleanup would have been a pain, and there'd be an increased risk of broken glass from dead wood flying off as each branch is cut. I imagine it saves enough labor that nobody ever gets too worn out by the end of the week.

And always remember! The treeco with a crane can usually throw down the lowest bid and, if the crane's paid for you can remove the "usually" from the equation.

Plus if you have a crane, there will still be plenty o climbing or bucket jobs where there's no crane access or it's not worth setting up the crane for

Ya, I want bigger rear mount. But til then I’m thinking about having outriggers put on the front of the truck.

DON'T THINK ABOUT IT!

Install a front stabilizer!

Not really an outrigger.

DrearyEducatedCockatiel-size_restricted.gif

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ah-p8eQ1yBg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow that is awesome the critter let him hold him. Great footage and humor re the lil magic carpet guy :drink:

Outside of tree work Ive never seen even a sniff of a flying squirrel. Well, one time, right after I read that if you knock on a tree trunk that has a nest hole in it, they will sometimes look out of the hole to see wut up. I did and he did. I was like wow. Lol that was the first and last time that trick has worked for me.

Back