August Hunicke Videos

hey Mick ya I love the anarchic. . . peel cuts were all the steadying needed for this anarchic tho :)

I like the comment Sean. The only thing though, I don't go for the "almost got hit" terminology. If a sharp-shooter shoots your hat off, you didn't almost get hit, you just got your hat shot off. He was in playtime.

"Almost got hit" might be poor wording. All I'm seeing is a clip of a video, and wasn't there IRL.
Nothing like crab fishing!

Two locals are in Harborview Trauma, that I know of.
Swingdude just lost a finger tip to the knuckle, with help from his employees.
Ryan, a very experienced PNW contract climber got a crushed finger tip, sucked into a block or something. Don't have details.
Doesn't take much for a person to damage another persons hands with a "I was just trying to..." while pulling on a rope/ strap. I had my the trucker's strap in my fingers, tying down my mini, inside the truck, when my customer wanted to help the other day, and snuck up behind me to untwist some irrelevant twists in the tail. Doesn't take much to re-injure a sprained knuckle on a trigger finger, just someone "wanting to help".

As much as possible, I stack all the cards in my favor, as much as possible.

Been called Safety Sean lots. All His Fingers and Toes Sean, not yet, but still can be.

A little shell-shocked/ hyperaware by nearly being killed several times doing tree work, true story.

I live by the motto of Boring Treework Daily, and feel that most accidents aren't because of the inanimate trees.

Just saying. Not a comment on you guys. I'd love to swing in some trees with you all. You have a team to be proud of.

I don't have a link.

Paul is around here some.
I gather it was a team-move on some logs, and one of the juniors on the team had head-in-ass, and Paul's finger got between heavy wood and something solid. 3 days later, he was back climbing, head of the company and head of the household.

I always tell employees that they are no good injured to anyone. Coming to work sick is a good way to go home injuried. Getting me sick or injured puts all employees out of work.

Ryan said something about not climbing for a bit, taking a break. Healing, probably mentally as well as physically. Ryan's finger tip got mangled, but put back together, to a degree, I gather. I don't know any details on the surrounding events.

If someone "wanted to help by..." or "just was going to..." or "wasn't trying to...", I would not be shocked in the least.

Last time I nicked a rope, I'd told the customer "No. Thank You", 6 times. 6. But he kept wanting to help, rather than listen. You know the regular customer (well, well-heeled family, son is a forester), who will do all the clean-up, at one of many home or rental properties... and this one was a retainer-line/ pull-line/ notch-n-drop (well, head-high cut off a springboard for a 10' habitat snag, making it barely short of stacks of milled lumber, dead with sapwood rot, therefore the retainer, as a greenhouse and swingset are under the lean), in their backyard, on a Saturday morning. They are so excited for a show. Of course it went where it was supposed to go...boring!

I try to be very polite, until they start to debate whether they are indeed in my way or not, or distracting, or not, or in danger themselves or not. At that point I have to say, the customer low on my list of my concerns, and that they are endangering US by "trying to help" or "just..."

You'd think "No. Thank you." would be enough. People don't listen well, figuratively and literally, the dad is nearly deaf, so you have to speak loudly, right next to him, facing him, so he always wants to get close to talk.

"Been called Safety Sean lots. All His Fingers and Toes Sean, not yet, but still can be."

good one! ^^

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9Bdi1IjOhqQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is one of your best videos. The explanations about how you set up props was good to hear...then to see how you lifted pieces off the building using those props was nice. Really nice, smooth lifts and movements.

And that proprietary "Morbark" grapple was neat...some smart doin's there.

Thanks FC and Gary

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QyDnHfIx9eg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice shot there, and I dug your insurance company discussion, so few tree guys think like that, I suspect

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HBZMUx-N8_o" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YWtVBKToa1c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As Mick said. Nicely done and explained. I know dominoe felling is frowned upon but remains to be a great tool when necessary.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eHkJ5dnQHRs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back