August Hunicke Videos

My BIL was a naval sub Lt. Commander. He told me some about it...critical systems are tagged and locked so that someone cannot (theoretically) operate related systems and cause safety issues.

We sometimes find that on job sites where we have raw wires outside a circuit box before they get hooked up to x-ray equipment. The installing electrician puts a bolt thru the handle that energizes the circuit so that someone has to intentionally work to turn the circuit on...does not just take a casual flip of a switch to possibly electrocute someone.

Butch or Kyle can probably explain it better.

That prevents that set of keys from being used to move the truck.

The driver of every vehicle should be responsible for confirming (one way or another) that the trailer is ready to be towed, and the whole rig is clear to move.

We toss our keys in the toolbox of the chipper most days. Makes someone at least search before they take off. Most guys would notice when pulling away if the truck felt a bit to heavy. Most do, not all.

Lock out tag out is used daily for me working pipe and stuff, you can't do anything safely without it. I usually go a step further and walk everything down too, because I don't trust others when it's me that will be killed. We use lockout boxes, and everyone on the job puts a lock on it so no one can be forgotten. Great idea putting the keys somewhere so you can't forget the outriggers, having the chipper key on the truck keychain would work there and be simple enough for everyone.

I can't wait to watch your bidding philosophy video. That's the thing I struggle with on side work is bidding I just haven't done it enough. So I'm excited to here what your methods are. Thanks for all the good videos.

The sawmills around here use lockout tag out when the men are working on the equipment and have to get inside

When my tree trailer is plugged into the house with shore power I have run a string from the shore power cord to the handle of the truck...mostly when I was first getting used to using a shore power setup.

It was so that I couldn't open the truck door without realizing I was still plugged into the house...hate to pull the house down the driveway with the power cord.:D

You usually start the truck early so it can warm up too, i forget not everyone lives where there's snow and freezing cold

You usually start the truck early so it can warm up too, i forget not everyone lives where there's snow and freezing cold

A Webasto engine heater doesn't mind you driving off with it.
Been running those in my last 3 trucks.
They ROCK!

Back