August Hunicke Videos

A good crane op, even if he's union, is eager to work and get the job done safely and quickly.

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and treework

The mailboxes. . . I like to come close to. . . everything.
No fault there -- that's how we roll. If it's not close, then it means we're not good. And it's not happening perfectly according to plan. Scares the dickens out of a few fainthearted customers, though.
Stand back, ma'am -- I'm a professional! 8)

Yes, but a good one knows that his place is in the seat, so he should stfu and pull levers when he's told :D

My crane guy is a bit, shall we say, high strung? He likes to get in, get out, no fuss, no muss. We've been working together for around 20 years or so and we're pretty much in sync on what needs to be done and how to do it. We may have a quick conversation at the start of the job but we don't talk much after that. He knows what I'm doing and I know what he's doing. We just get the job done without any need for chit-chat. Having said that, if I started making long, drawn-out cuts or (God forbid) had a dull saw on a big stump cut, he'd let me know about it. :lol:

+ infinity boss. I've even joked to operators before that my channellocks don't talk to me, so why should they be any different? Lol gets them riled up a bit for sure hahahahaha.

I agree Butch. On the technical side the climber / faller has the call. But on mundane work sometimes you have to do it the way they tell you. Two sides to that one. probably more.

+ infinity boss. I've even joked to operators before that my channellocks don't talk to me, so why should they be any different? Lol gets them riled up a bit for sure hahahahaha.

:lol: Loving that angle to riling someone up!

I love seeing the input from all you guys that have to interface with other different highly skilled trades.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/htDgpqwHiN0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I thought you were going to have the piñata hanging from your crane, then swing the boom in circles, just out of reach!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sk6HAR78D2w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love the crane videos. I only do a few crane jobs per year but I absolutely love it. There's no better feeling than watching several thousand pounds of tree just float away like magic.

Stabilizers are key when you are chipping huge wood, they help support the frame

Yup. And with the tires chocked well you can chip big wood with out being hooked up to a truck. We do this a lot when we have multiple chip trucks on a job. Chips keep flying and trucks keep rolling.

Rich, iirc, you guys were getting a giant stump grinder, did ya get it, any pics?

You mean to lock the trailer wheels by pulling the breakaway thingee?

Back