August Hunicke Videos

Do you think AH or his crew lacked the ability to back up a steep hill. Or did they determine leaving the truck/chipper in street was most sensible.

Hell if I know. I woulda backed it up in there, left the bobcat for the logs. :drink:

Each limb woulda disappeared upon untying of the knot.

I even see the possibility of a simple fell with no climbing/rigging. But pictures always tell less than the whole story.

They did a safe, effective job.

Looks like an good two man speedline set-up right to the chipper in the road, or dragging lots of limbs at one time and machine feeding the chipper, largely.

Felling woulda put the tree on the ground, but collateral damage is probably not on the menu, including the road and power lines on the far side.

I'd have considered subbing in a pressure washer company.

How long have you're guys been doing treework?

Not long, me.
:)

And you are of course correct, they did a fine job safely.

I wouldn't suggest felling, had I seen any damage likely, Sean. I'm not that dense.

Having a truck and chipper parked on a very steep hill (the hill in vid in no doubt much steeper than it looks) is no bueno in my book. And 4wd doesn't guarantee to overcome slipperiness.

August has championed the use of speed lines, owns a crane, has dropped a thousand tricky trees on vid, something tells me the way this tree was done was the best possible choice of all possible options

I even see the possibility of a simple fell with no climbing/rigging. But pictures always tell less than the whole story.

Haaaiiilll no Burn.
Butch, I wasn't there for the brush, but that hill was more ridiculous than vid shows. Backing the chipper up there was too sketch I think. If there was no greasy green snot then yeah but it was perilous. I'd have liked my trailer closer too but couldn't block the neighbors drive. And yes there was definitely potential to lose a piece all the way to the SUV. Still, really doable chunk scene tho, or I wouldn't have called him off rigging... Seems like I'm always calling him off rigging. He's conservative. I'd have taken bigger pieces faster and more accurately but Damien is doing great.

Yeah Cory, I like the way they did it, plus I was doing stuff while I was gone that only I could do.

Here's the latest. . .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W129BWPrw9I" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bucked or as logs? And what would the price diff. be to the client (round, rough numbers would be fine)... we have 3 different pricing levels for 1). wood on the ground, lightly bucked to manageable 6'-8' logs, 2). full firewood length bucked, left where it lies or heaped up 3). fully bucked-n-stacked

Bucked or as logs? And what would the price diff. be to the client (round, rough numbers would be fine)... we have 3 different pricing levels for 1). wood on the ground, lightly bucked to manageable 6'-8' logs, 2). full firewood length bucked, left where it lies or heaped up 3). fully bucked-n-stacked

We would have charged them more to haul it. We cut it into firewood. They were happy to have the pine as firewood which is uncommon here. I think they got $300 off the price for keeping the wood. . . .Maybe $200 off, maybe $250. I don't remember. I didn't bid the job, Damien did.

Good stuff, great team work, looks like you’re going to up productivity a lot.

Crane work generally doesn’t make videos as engaging as a rigging/roping scenario though.

Its funny to think how that background music sounds nothing like a big diesel throttling up.

Drama has to be built, as you've done.

I'd like to see an Ax-men style spoof video.

Back