Page 423 of 462 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425433 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 4618

Thread: August Hunicke Videos

General Purpose Sponsor Stumpshot's Avatar

Oddest one to me is to call the head of a working group the "chair." What's wrong with being gender-specific: chairman or chairwoman. To me, the "chair" is what they are sitting in when they are making the decisions!

My favorite though: I don't use the term "mail carrier." We now have a mailman. We used to have a fe-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanKroll View Post
    Some women are actually uncomfortable with workmen being at their residence, due to past trauma.
    There is that of course. Fair point.
    Im condescending, that means I talk down to people.

Mick

Patron saint of bore-cutters Sponsor stig's Avatar

My neighbours dasughter got really weirded out by a stonemason they had doing some work on the house.
    She really didn't like being alone with him.
    Since her parents were on a trip, she came down and told me.
    So I let her take Sam dog with her home......................problem solved.
    Deyr f,
    deyja frndr,
    deyr sjalfr it sama,
    ek veit einn,
    at aldrei deyr:
    dmr um dauan hvern.

Nice new vid by AH.

August, when you move large piles of brush with the vermeer to the chipper, do you feed the brush into the chipper with the vermeer or by hand. If with vermeer, do you feed it in butts first or backwards tips first. Don't believe we've seen lots of brush being chipped on your sites. Thanks.

Mastery is an illusion, grace a momentary gift, apprenticeship endless.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

I would have backed that chipper all the way up that driveway no problemo. And if there was a problem, I would disconnect and do it with a 4wd, then back the chipper in... moss or no moss. It would be maybe the dozenth time I've had to do that uphill, and the hundredth time I've done it downhill. Trust me, both are trickey, but quite doable.

With the yuge LZ you had, I woulda never worried about chunks rolling downhill, and that truck was a mile away with a tree in front of it. If a climber can't hit (and he came dang close on that first toss) a LZ that size... I dunno.

Building a ricochet barrier was an excellent move! Every chunk just added to the Wall of Stop! My biggest worry woulda been that fricking camper trailer whatnot! Couldn't the bastardos have moved it first? I woulda tried to wall that sucker off...

The nice thing (for the climber) is that every cut gets you closer to the ground!

I'd have loved to work with you, August. You woulda been all smiles.

Do you think AH or his crew lacked the ability to back up a steep hill. Or did they determine leaving the truck/chipper in street was most sensible.
    Mastery is an illusion, grace a momentary gift, apprenticeship endless.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Hell if I know. I woulda backed it up in there, left the bobcat for the logs.

Each limb woulda disappeared upon untying of the knot.

I even see the possibility of a simple fell with no climbing/rigging. But pictures always tell less than the whole story.
    "Confidence is the feeling you sometimes have before you fully understand the situation."

They did a safe, effective job.

Looks like an good two man speedline set-up right to the chipper in the road, or dragging lots of limbs at one time and machine feeding the chipper, largely.

Felling woulda put the tree on the ground, but collateral damage is probably not on the menu, including the road and power lines on the far side.

I'd have considered subbing in a pressure washer company.

How long have you're guys been doing treework?
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

Not long, me.

And you are of course correct, they did a fine job safely.

I wouldn't suggest felling, had I seen any damage likely, Sean. I'm not that dense.
    "Confidence is the feeling you sometimes have before you fully understand the situation."