August Hunicke Videos

Lol Mick, no truer words have ever been spoken right there!!!!! Which makes me think which one of those things was the deciding factor for me, because i didn't have a mortgage or super successful friends :/: hahahahahahaha

I was laboring with calluses from the time I was a little boy. Work ethic got me going but, what really got me going beyond that was love for the work. All the guys working with me love the job and sought it out. Warm bodies are a waste of time and energy. . .Always a new plan to try to help them get their drivers license or something. No thanks, I’m glad I have I late bloomer figured that out.

Too many people work just for the money I guess, not enough enjoy or take pride in what they do. Tree work is some of my favorite. I wouldn't like working for a shipping company, but I'd sure take pride in how gentle I am with packages.

I get the feeling that tree work is misunderstood as an easy unskilled job for the lower class people, as if it's something easy like mowing lawns or collecting trash. Of course I imagine you can have just as bad of workers messing up a mowing job as a tree job.

I’ve never cared how my job is perceived by other peeps, considering my measly qualifications and terrible work record (before this job) I make a very tidy living.

By nature I’m very lazy, one of the aspects of this job that attracted me was that you could make good money for relatively little sweat, because of the risk. People understand that, they see you doing some mad looking stuff and don’t mind forking out money for that.

I guess you get used to it in Louisiana.

Just like those guys freezing their bollocks off most of the year, or working in the pissing rain like August, Reg and Sean.

Ya Mick. I got started in it because I could charge for the hazard. Kept me out of needing to pay for college. Same with commercial fishing. But, I do love it. I like solving puzzles with stiff consequences for failure.
Butch, the warm body comment was just meaning that people who need a job, any job, don’t necessarily have work ethic and we end up sifting through them to find functional motivation. If I hire people who do what they enjoy, I am getting the advantage of built-in motivation (work ethic for that vocation.) I worked in a grocery store when I was young. I had bad work ethic for that (by my standards at least). I was miserable doing that.
People who love to watch tree work videos are usually good candidates for hire, especially if they do tree work and then go home and watch videos LOL.

Sean: "Do they get fired/consequences?"... :lol: Yeah freakin right...:lol: Dude, we would have like NO STINKIN ground guys if they so much as gave them a slap (ABUSE!!!) on the wrist...

And you danger guys... come to freakin Washington man, I'm serious... you guys will make a KILLING. Man, we can't get guys to go up there... we can't even get guys to drag brush, because it's hard. Ahhh... well... we're a Wellfare State anyways... and I'm lazy like Mick... my hat's off to the millenials for even coming into work at all.

Mick: "What they feel for you is something between contempt and pity."......... You are Keats, Byron, Shelly, Tennyson.... and David Bently Hart all rolled into one.

Cory: You East Coasters have it made... come out west to the wellfare state and Sean and I will see what a bunch of stellar employees you'll find to help you with your tree service. :lol: We need an emoji that laughs and crys at the same time. Ahhh... well... for that matter... no, I should probably just let it rest. God knows you've already had a taste of ONE of our PNW guys. :cry:

Hehe.

You beat me to it with this answer. No doubt little to no repercussions happen due to the minuscule pool of job candidates available. Hiring tree help is murderous, ime.

Hard to believe it is known as the welfare state and that good hardworking help is so hard to find. Back in the day, on PNW logging operations, the credo for the choker setters as each set of 1" thick chokers arrived swinging overhead was, "in for your job, out for your life". The way I've heard it, just outside the landing it was more or less SRO with guys waiting to fill the shoes of anyone killed OTJ that day.

“We need an emoji that laughs and cries at the same time.”
That’s actually stinkin’ brilliant.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xClTWVIubIw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So, but, this has to happen fer real man. Couldn't be that hard. The Big Three Go at it Hammer and Tongs!

Back