August Hunicke Videos

I've noticed good help is hard to find around Nashville, but then again it might all be employed at one of several tree services.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OCOutfeqgP8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What demo chipper do you prefer so far? Gonna look at a brush bandit too?

AX 19 is a beast but pricey. 2131 is good value. I guess they’re both good value but price really is a thing. . .
Bandit ain’t a thing here.

ya I hear that a lot. They've no support near us tho, never even see them around here. It's Morbark country. Vermeer covers the area well but from afar.
I heard that both bandit and conehead were spin-offs of Morbark (X-morbark factory guys).

Word... you've gotta go with the support you get.

For sure.

Ive had 4 chippers, 2 mobark, 2 BB. They were all excellent but current BB is the best.

And the BB 1990 is the most incredible hand fed chipper I've ever seen, absolute beast.

Wait, you can't find a guy worth a shit. No way. Wait, still not sure I got that right. Guys...not worth a shit???

How big's that show up there?

I'd like to come wreck some trees with you. Show 'em what some salt and pepper (little by little) can do (we're no gray-beards).

:lol::lol::cry::lol::lol::lol:

Spoken like a true prophet of the Salt n' Peppa. ;)

August: Pretty rad vid. I notice that you're allways askig Damien, "Are you SURE you're all the way cut through."

I notice that our Eastside Treeworks resident crane dude Jake Rodgers (WONDERFUL guy.) always uses insanely huge guide bars just to be able to get everything from one side. I'm allways giving him a hard time about it. I worked on his crew for a few months when I first came to Eastside, and I never really got it. Do you guys find that it is very much to always be able to torch everything from one side? I feel like it's fer guys who don't sharpen well.

Please, bore us, I insist!

If you don't have good help, does that reflect in your paycheck or is it strictly hourly? Just curious. If too nosy then yeah nah.

You??? Too nosy? :lol:................ Short answer... no.... we field folk are hourly, but.... you know... what's good fer the goose is good fer the gander... we just... our young men just really can't get it together... but there are probably WAAAAAY too many Millenial Hater threads out there, and I think we all realize that it's just not about that. I could talk for hours. If they feel sick, they don't come in. If they smash their finger... they don't come it. There is ALWAYS a car problem. There is ALWAYS a girlfriend problem. If they bruise their shin... they don't come in. If there is traffic... they are always late. Scratch that, they are always late anyways, but if there is traffic they are insanely late. They are hypochondriacs. They are valetudinarians. They are the most dreadful little pack of invalids you've ever even tried to imagine. They're idea of working hard is the most disgusting joke that an iron-stomached man could ever even dare to stick around to listen too. They make common decent fork like Sean and I look like the insanest bunch of lunatic cowboys that could ever be imagined.

Ya boxer has suspension too. It’s NICE. V is better machine than boxer tho. DW prolly the best.
Yes Jed, my LMI is still down so I just like to make sure I’m not over pulling, that’s why am always wanting to make sure it’s cut off (it’s easier for me to read through the pick if they just do one cut and one attachment point as per recommended here.) subject comes up a lot, even in this video here. . . The part when Damien is looking down at me, that’s what I’m telling him I would rather he do (around the 4:51 mark.)

Do you guys find that it is very much wunerful to always be able to torch everything from one side? I feel like it's fer guys who don't sharpen well.

Being able to took most all picks by torching from just one side is nice but not worth imo lugging around a long bar full time. I use a 24" for 98% of aerial crane pics fwiw.

You??? Too nosy? :lol:................ Short answer... no.... we field folk are hourly, but.... you know... what's good fer the goose is good fer the gander... we just... our young men just really can't get it together... but there are probably WAAAAAY too many Millenial Hater threads out there, and I think we all realize that it's just not about that. I could talk for hours. If they feel sick, they don't come in. If they smash their finger... they don't come it. There is ALWAYS a car problem. There is ALWAYS a girlfriend problem. If they bruise their shin... they don't come in. If there is traffic... they are always late. Scratch that, they are always late anyways, but if there is traffic they are insanely late. They are hypochondriacs. They are valetudinarians. They are the most dreadful little pack of invalids you've ever even tried to imagine. They're idea of working hard is the most disgusting joke that an iron-stomached man could ever even dare to stick around to listen too. They make common decent fork like Sean and I look like the insanest bunch of lunatic cowboys that could ever be imagined.

Hey I learned a new word- valetudinarians!

Great and hilarious post! I'm feeling a bit better now about 'my' millennials now.

I keep wondering about if a crane is worth it, but seeing videos like that last one taking a big conifer full of branches down in 3 pieces means you could get a lot of jobs done in one day, and the climber should have energy to spare.

How many of them get fired for acting like that? Some type of consequence?

If they are all guys, tell them to Man the frig Up and quit being man-boys.

Tell them successful people show up early, and occupy themselves until starting time.

Tell them to be glad they're not crawling in VC tunnels.

Tell them that you're not their social worker or therapist, but if there needs to be a meeting with their girlfriend, them, and management so that she can help her little man get off to his little jobbie on time, it can be arranged. If their girlfriends are running their lives, man the frig up.

People need to know the boss is the one who gives instructions and paychecks, not here for sob stories and listening to problems that are solved by working. You don't have a shit car if you work and make your money go the right places, so you can go to work the next day, on time and prepared, not step on your boss's dick.

It doesn't really matter what they think, wanted to do, hoped would work. What they do is what they do.

If they are told to be on time tomorrow (prepared to work at the appointed time, not rolling in, not time to socialize - that's before work, show up early), they will just go home without work.
The next day, after someone is sent home, spending time and money to get to work, and having to tell their moms that they didn't make any money that day (sorry home to their girlfriends and tell them), they will be on-time.

I wouldn't tolorate employees who a shit work ethic.

You can get by w/o a crane, but you'll have to pass on the crane-only jobs. With a crane, you can do ANY JOB.

“Tell them to be glad they’re not crawling in VC tunnels”

They’d piss themselves laughing at that, and to be honest, so would I.

"Work, walk, or fight me." That used to be my motto, until I got too old. Only had 2 people take me up on that last part, and they regretted it afterward. 3 walked, all the rest chose to work.

A joke, Mick. Missing an emoji, for lack of a good one.
Anymore, there is no forced military service. People only volunteer to end up facing IEDs, etc.
It's tough getting to work with no kids to ready for the day, and the long line at the coffee place, McDonalds drive-thru.

A $20 bill/ gift-card from higher up, on a random day to everyone ready to go at the appointed time, might be more productive.

Ok, understood, should have realised.

Anyway re. Lazy young men.

Having been one I can tell you no amount of entreaties, bribing, threatening, or general talking to will dent that armour, they don’t give a frig, and what they feel for you is something between contempt and pity.

The only thing that can change them for the better (as employees) is a mortgage, pussy or the sight of their peers getting on with life.

Back