August Hunicke Videos

I will agree with the toy Stihl being better than the Husqy, it has a spare chain and a tool set. I bought my daughters both of them as to not share my bias.

August, from the looks of your latest video, you allude to possibly purchasing a crane? If so, that's great -- seemingly the last major hole in your (already impressive) kit. We love our log grapple truck, since it meets several needs in one (grapple, log truck, crane). But we are finding the 50' reach a limiting factor, so now we're mulling over the idea of a 40 ton crane with 80-120' reach -- something a bit more dedicated for crane-style removals. Looking forward to see what iron you're adding to your kit!

Doesn't a 40t have a lot more than 80' of reach? Maybe you're talking side reach, with 120+' of boom length.

I always knew it wouldn't stick around long. No reflection on him - that's just how it goes.

"It is what it is", so to speak.

August, from the looks of your latest video, you allude to possibly purchasing a crane? If so, that's great -- seemingly the last major hole in your (already impressive) kit. We love our log grapple truck, since it meets several needs in one (grapple, log truck, crane). But we are finding the 50' reach a limiting factor, so now we're mulling over the idea of a 40 ton crane with 80-120' reach -- something a bit more dedicated for crane-style removals. Looking forward to see what iron you're adding to your kit!

Still waiting on my crane. Gotta get the graphics dialed.

Among the business of life, my sign in for treehouse stopped working on Tapatalk so . . . I’m a phone user, I don’t have time to sit around on my ass on a desktop computer like some people ; )
I thought I musta been booted for inactivity.

Good reading ya again August. I got to say a quick hello at the expo before you and Joe were swamped. It was also nice to see Casey again.

Congrats on the crane Aug!

I highly recommend yu get a Crosby ShurLoc hook for it ASAP.

https://www.thecrosbygroup.com/prod...oks/crosby-s-1326-swivel-type-shur-loc-hooks/

They have a positive lock gate on them that can support the weight of the ball and all the rigging attached to it.

Punching through canopies often results in an up ended ball n hook, more than capable of bending typical locking gates to the point of failure.

The Crosby ShurLoc guarantees that can't happen, period.

Jomo

thanks
Congrats on the crane Aug!

I highly recommend yu get a Crosby ShurLoc hook for it ASAP.

https://www.thecrosbygroup.com/prod...oks/crosby-s-1326-swivel-type-shur-loc-hooks/

They have a positive lock gate on them that can support the weight of the ball and all the rigging attached to it.

Punching through canopies often results in an up ended ball n hook, more than capable of bending typical locking gates to the point of failure.

The Crosby ShurLoc guarantees that can't happen, period.

Jomo

I only have ever had one drone but REON shows up with one and also FIN from time to time.
Guess how many cameras Ive crushed since I started making videos? anyone?

Thanks Jer

Hmmm -- to go high or low? It's either zero or 10+. You always show how the lil' camera survives, takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I don't recall seeing a catastrophic crushing yet. I for one worry about your iPhone on those slo-mo stump shots -- hopefully you never get a kickback that crushes one of those $999 babies!

I had an in depth phone conversation with Steve Chisolm of Aspen Tree, on the topic of crane assisted removals, way back when the ANSI committee was writing the rules for tying into them.

Having worked many years with an inhouse crane dedicated to daily treework, I had a tie in method that didn't conform to their new regs because I tied into a rated oval link suspended from the hook along with the chokers, the hook of course with a heavy duty lock gate.

I had tried the tie in above the ball method they promoted, and hated it because it bypassed the swivel mech on the hook, resulting in the ball spinning when tension was applied, binding the climb line each time you snugged up your rigging chokers prior to bailing down and retying in.

The reason they'd written the regs that way's to make dang sure the bodyline's isolated from the rigging line's ability to damage/cut/trap it once tension's applied.

My dedicated and rated oval link on the hook beside the chokers n riggin provided that isolation, while still enjoying the benefits of the swivel keepin everything straight n snug.

Steve assured me I was okay with my method, but that their regs had to cover a broad range of folks that usually rent a crane, most of which are equipped with typical spring gates without locking mechanisms.

Jomo

Back