Cable Skidders

I'm looking into this Timberjack 230 cable skidder with factory piler. Would make a real nice addition to my tree service.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 37
Dang ...none here set up w / log forks just the drop blade...that one can load truck
We had those skidders in our logging area back in the early '70s before I started logging in 1974. The crews were piling pulpwood with them roadside, but when the company decided to use roadside cut to length slashers the skidder pilers were converted to blades when tree length was then cut and skidded.

I think I know where there still may be a pile of those grapples laying back in the woods. Would sure be a handy machine to have for lot clearing in cottage country or some bigger urban jobs.

Wow. I'de never seen one with the factory grapple forks. I ran a 230D with the blade in the late 70 s in Maine. It took some doing to get used to the manual transmission. But I really liked it. There was a 225 working the other side of the road from us. As near as I could tell the difference was smaller wheels.

Back