TreeStuff.Com!!!

It twists the pant leg around until the unprotected back side is on the front. The only time I hit my leg was when I was wearing chaps, one of the few times in my younger years. A Stihl 440, with carbide chain, kicked out of a stump. Only go through the first 2 layers of nylon before it stopped it cold.

Which style?

I was just looking at a pair myself. And though I've yet to cut myself with a moving chain, it'll probably happen now that I'm curious about saw safety.
:(

I ordered the Francital as they seemed the best balance between cost and quality. I've never had chainsaw pants before so this will be a change for me. I've been really lax about using any kind of chainsaw protection over the years and I've been feeling that it's time to change that.

From what I've been told, cutting between your feet can lead to cuts on the backside of the shins. And Christ, that is one crazy saw cut you described, gnarly!

Let us know how the Francital work out Leon, I own the kreiger from stein they are great and a lot lighter than the 5.1 I used at the arboretum for several years

Jp

Another happy Treestuff customer here. Just got my first order this week. The Tree House discount is awesome!

I have a story just like Bob's, one guy working for the woodland crew for Parks, cutting low on a small tree with a long bar swiveled the bar around the far side of the tree and just nicked the back side of his left leg, another in the Regiment did almost the same thing...they wer both wearing chaps
Bob's right, if you contact the front of your leg, the chain can pull the protective clothing around and swivel and before you know if the side/back of your leg is NEKKID!
I always go for wrap chaps or class A trousers that have lower leg protection, the Cloggers I have are front protection from teh waist to the knees then all around from the knees down,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pace yourself, now. You don't wanna get overgeared and run out of toolbox space!

Let us know how the Francital work out Leon, I own the kreiger from stein they are great and a lot lighter than the 5.1 I used at the arboretum for several years

Jp

Hey Jon, the Francital seem nicely made and fit well. This is my first pair of chainsaw pants so all I can say is that they are a bit hot, but that's probably the norm. We'll see how they hold up over time.

Nick how is the new career? Do you miss the field at all? Im really happy to watch you guys grow like this.

a few things.
I Can't Wait Till Tomorrow!

got to chat with nick this morning, nice way to start the day.

the updated website looks great in safari and firefox, but doesn't seem to load in chrome.

just thought you'ld want to know.

That ocean of blank white space to the left of the list of manufacturers had me fooled into thinking it didn't work.....duh!

ok..
seems like the pagelayout is different in chrome.

looks quite different.
functionality is...... a little off

seems like it works tho'

Back