Brisket question.

emr

Cheesehead Treehouser
Ok. I've got a really strange question for a tree forum. We get a butchered cow every year but we never get a brisket for corn beef and cabbage. What would the butcher be turning our brisket into?

I post this here because you all seem to know the answers to all of my questions. :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All those? Wow. I found online somebody said flank steak too.

Flank or burger. I just got my cow for the yr last week, I love barter, all good cuts and the rest burger. One day I'll have time to get creative while cooking again. I really do miss it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We got our cow in Sept. And we can see the bottom of our freezer now. AND we got a pig at the same time.

Wi is cold this time of year. I'd be about out of venison myself if that is all I stocked. My farmer always asks if I want my beef in the late summer. I courteously decline and say that Jan/Feb is fine. So far it works out perfectly. When the beef is low the venison is coming and vice versa. I added a pig to the list this yr, but have yet to see it.:/:

Good thread I've never done this but was think about getting a half myself. I'm just worried that I'll have to get online and research what all these cuts are and what I can do with it all! I don't even know what a brisket is! Burgers sound good tho as I eat em almost everyday in the warmer months, it's just so easy to make.

Yep flank or Rolled roast maybe, that used to be pretty popular. I prefer silverside for corned beef, brisket is a bit too fatty for me.

I don't even know what a brisket is!

Some cuts might have different names in some places.

Australian+Angus+Beef+4.JPG

Back