Homemade gear

Well, I guess that it wears like most of the other coatings. I've never experienced any difficulties (rust, etc.) with it for the last 2 years.
@flushcut: Haha, you made my day, mate!

I was searching for small belt bags with that elastic band in the opening. All I found was too big so I bought chalc bags and sew the elastic in. KIMG0024.jpg

One side plate has the square tube welded to it. The other has a round tube with OD the same size as the ID of the square tubing. Capture and pivot all in one.
Gonna powder coat it this weekend

This is my mad max knee ascender. I am not proud of the level of workmanship. Considered not posting
79c84d8caf26127f35b76912c35d8397.jpg

But I am proud of the tiny Harken block to double the bungee travel!
fcc9a2fe0664b270d13576ab16dc6593.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it works and if it is durable, what more do you need? You can always use it to beat the sh!t out of animals who sh!t in your tree. ;)

You guys are cracking me up! For version 2.0 a hand axe with an ascender, footloop and bungee! Maybe a blade guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steel eyes are welded on top and sides of it. I was thinking steel carabiners clipped on the eyes and let the rope lead through them. Trying to come up with something simple other than the pigtails.
20190130_063315.jpg
20190129_203142.jpg
20190130_063335.jpg

I'll cut some heavy rubber hose and stick it on the edges of the channel to protect the bark.

Still untested. It's probably gonna need a little work still.

I had a pro do the welding, I just gathered the materials and told him what I wanted. Less than 500$ into it so far. Gotta love ebay lol.

Maybe cut a notch in the eyes and make it a hook instead of an eye. Easy rope in rope out. I would think those forged eyes will take a good bit of weight before they would straighten out.

Look good!

Back