Invoice2go and other programs

Wow! You guys are very organized. My record keeping is hieroglyphics compared to the stuff your'e talking about here.

A_ vehical with paper pile.jpg

Thanks guys! Thats awesome that you guys are going to check Jobber out.

If anyone wants some help becoming an expert at using Jobber to get the most out of it, you can do a demo with one of us here anytime. Or just call in, Tweet at us, message us on Facebook or of course post here.

Hopefully we can help make your system and administration stuff more streamlined.

-Landen

I will have to check with the developers on that Nick. I am not sure what their plans are for testing just yet, but I will pass the idea along to them.

Once we have done some internal testing it would be awesome to have additional testers so thanks for offering. I will let you know when I have more information.

-Landen

I have a suggestion for a new feature that would go well with batch visit editing.

Let's say I have 3 weeks of work lined up on monday-friday ( most of my work are one-time deals, no weekly tasks). If a storm hits on Sunday, I might have to cancel Mondays job for emergency work. After I get that done, I want to reschedule my Monday job but I obviously don't want to make my client wait another three weeks.

Sooooo, it would be cool if I could reschedule ALL my jobs by delaying them one day. So monday would be on tuesday, tuesday on wednesday, wednesday on thursday, etc.

Not sure how doable this is, but I have to bump clients all the time for different reasons ( storms, emergencies, priority jobs, etc.). This makes medium-long term scheduling a challenge for me. Just a thought!

I have a suggestion for a new feature that would go well with batch visit editing.

Let's say I have 3 weeks of work lined up on monday-friday ( most of my work are one-time deals, no weekly tasks). If a storm hits on Sunday, I might have to cancel Mondays job for emergency work. After I get that done, I want to reschedule my Monday job but I obviously don't want to make my client wait another three weeks.

Sooooo, it would be cool if I could reschedule ALL my jobs by delaying them one day. So monday would be on tuesday, tuesday on wednesday, wednesday on thursday, etc.

Not sure how doable this is, but I have to bump clients all the time for different reasons ( storms, emergencies, priority jobs, etc.). This makes medium-long term scheduling a challenge for me. Just a thought!

Google calendar allows you to drag and drop

Hey Mat, thanks for the feedback. That is something that we have talked about doing but it is not that easy to implement unfortunately. It totally makes sense why you would need something like that, the challenge is more just how to code it to work intuitively and not become a pain to use.

We have been looking at other calendars for how they do it, but its hard to find one that does it like you described, so it may not be just us that is not sure how to properly implement it.

-Landen

Well I know nothing about programming, but this is how I would see it:

You could have a calendar where you could choose a block of dates and then have a box where you could decide how many days you want to bump your jobs. This way,if I have three weeks of work, I could choose all of my Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays, Thursday's and bump one day, then choose all like my Friday's and bump them three days.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

Well I know nothing about programming, but this is how I would see it:

You could have a calendar where you could choose a block of dates and then have a box where you could decide how many days you want to bump your jobs. This way,if I have three weeks of work, I could choose all of my Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays, Thursday's and bump one day, then choose all like my Friday's and bump them three days.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

We do have something like that in place but not to the scale that you are talking about. Currently with Jobber, if weather is a problem one day, you can move all visits for jobs from 1 day to another.

So you could move all of the visits from jobs on a Monday to a Tuesday or Friday, and its assuming that you will be able to catch up. You currently can not select multiple days to batch move them. It is also just for job visits, not for tasks or events.

Hope that can help. The issues with being able to do that for an entire week or something, is moving them can cause you to be double booked for the next week. Unless you bump every visit you have scheduled in the future. So we will keep working on ways to improve it and take what you were saying into consideration.

-Landen

What a luxury to just move all appts. Our clients would have a fit if we just had to move 5 days worth. The one day a year it rains here, we have to squeeze them in the next few days or bump them to the end after all our current appts.

Luckily we literally have had only one rain day in the past 2 years!!!

love
nick

I've actually put a delay clause on my estimates for a few reasons. One is obviously the weather but I also have municipal contracts that say that we must do the work in a certain time frame(usually a few days).

Hey thats awesome lumberjack! We always have people available here to work with you 1on1 and do a screen share or answer any questions over the phone/live chat if you need it. They can show you the in and outs of Jobber and help make sure you can use it most effectively. But it is pretty straight forward anyways.

Our goal is actually that people use Jobber as little as possible. Because that means that you are getting all of your admin stuff done faster so you can spend more time doing other things.

Also, I noticed a few people have the sponsor tag under there name. What do I have to do to get one of those?

-Landen

I'm excited about the possibilities of Jobber streamlining the "business" part of my work.

To be a sponsor, you give money to the forum via the "Donate" at the top or bottom of any page on the forum.

Is possible to change the default to "Adding a Team Reminder" when you schedule a task? My plan is to use those to remind me for bid appointments and the like. I realize I can sync with my calendar, but I don't currently use the calendar on my phone for much/it's not in my nature to check it. An email catches my attention. I will look more into the Calendar on my phone and a way to add it to my work flow.

I added various equipment as team members to add to jobs. I rarely schedule work in advance, but if I get default team reminders set up, I'll be getting an email for my excavator as well as myself. Is there a better way to assign equipment to a job? If not, is there a possibility to remove the email requirement for team members?

Thanks!

Awesome! Im excited that we can help.

Ahh great thanks, I will get setup as a sponsor today then.

I will look more into the workflow you are describing and ask around. If I can find the best solution I will get back to you. If you are interested, you could hop on a 1on1 screen share with someone here and they can help you make the best of it. Those things might be something I could submit as a feature request and see what the developers think of the idea.

Man, I cannot wait until that is a real native app. If anyone wants to know how he did that, we have a simple guide to doing that on the blog.
http://blog.getjobber.com/2013/12/adding-jobber-icon-phone/

-Landen

Oops sorry :(

About the questions you had before, right now there is no default to adding a team member when you schedule a task. If you are the only user, then any task will automatically be be assigned to you. And email reminders are currently only for jobs and not tasks. That is something I will pass along since it would make sense that you have the option to make it work that way.

That is an interesting way in doing that for equipment, I have never thought of that. What you can use for that would be the notes section to say which equipment you will need to bring for that job/visit. The other option is to not notify everyone on the job.

Most people use the calendar syncing to keep track of their schedule.

-Landen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is see Carls point. If I have two jobs next week and both need the excavator for a day, then that needs to be handled. As well as which employees would be on each crew. One screw up of overlapping days, and you could be out thousands. Obviously, the amount of variables can be mind blowing, but it seems you are on the right track. I will be looking into Jobber with some of tomorrow's time.
Thanks.

Carl text me if you want a hand getting jobber hooked up to your iphone calendar. It works so smooth. I get half my jobber information from the calendar

love
nick

Oops sorry :(

About the questions you had before, right now there is no default to adding a team member when you schedule a task. If you are the only user, then any task will automatically be be assigned to you. And email reminders are currently only for jobs and not tasks. That is something I will pass along since it would make sense that you have the option to make it work that way.

That is an interesting way in doing that for equipment, I have never thought of that. What you can use for that would be the notes section to say which equipment you will need to bring for that job/visit. The other option is to not notify everyone on the job.

Most people use the calendar syncing to keep track of their schedule.

-Landen

Haha I'll live!

Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 9.55.24 PM.png
What I want is where the check box is that says set team reminder, to default to setting a team reminder at a default time. I want the email to come in and remind me of the bid. The Email icon shows the number of unread messages, so even if I don't see the email come in, I see the unread status on my home screen. I'm wanting to omit the requirement to click "Team Reminder" and setting the time every time. I would like for both to be an adjustable default setting.

Regarding the equipment... On some jobs I'm thinking I'm going to split out the mobilization of the equipment. Mob the equipment in, do the job, mob the equipment out. For scheduling, treating the equipment as a calendar place holder could be beneficial. An example is a job I'm currently working on, tearing down a house. The first day I brought the excavator in, today I brought the track loader, and tomorrow I wrap the job. Both machines come "home", then the excavator goes out Thursday in the dump trailer. We will also need the wheel loader, which another truck will bring. On the multiple day/multiple equipment jobs the mobilization will likely become a separate line item on the quote.

I'm checking into the calendar, although I am looking for something that requires my attention, even if I don't see it when it goes off/comes in.

I understand what you mean. I believe the developers have talked about doing something like that. I will ask them and see what they say. Most people are getting their reminders through Google Calendar, but that is something that could be added.

Once you are setup with the Jobber calendar being pushed to Google Calendar, you will be able to get email and alerts on your phone about events that have been put into Google Calendar. Anytime I have something on my Google Calendar, I set it to send me an email 10-20 minutes before so that will get my attention and I will not miss it.

For equipment, here is a way you could do it. The Job is tearing down the house and you will be there for 3 days. You can create 3 visits inside that job, one for each day. When you plan each visit, you can assign different people and you can also add a description for each visit. In that description you could put the equipment needed to bring. If you are assigning it to someone else, they will also be able to see what they need to bring for the visit.

We do have plans for doing a better job with equipment and inventory tracking in the future.

-Landen

I have another question. I know I can email Broc or open a dialog or etc, but I figure this way multiple people can see the response and perhaps prevent a future conversation.

So I have a customer that we did a $2400 job for. He paid $800 down, the rest is due on completion. On his profile, it says his balance is $2400, however if I open the invoice, it says he's made an $800 down payment and the balance is $1600. This puts my receivables $800 off, what's the fix? Also, is there a way to record the check number on multiple payments on the same balance (i.e. the check number of the down payment)?
IMG_2797.jpg
IMG_0531.jpg

Thanks!

Back