Anyone in a band or play an instrument?

No he only did that at first. Once I told him "no" a couple times he'd just laid in my lap after that, lifting his head up into my arm to get a pet while my arm moved:|: Now he just lays there in my lap while I play if I'm on the couch.

Don't know...Old Rusty would lay his head against the guitar when I played it but run for cover soon as he saw the fiddle was out...Otis lays on my lap when I fiddle but wants no where near the guitar...go figure.

:wav: New protection for my Dreadnought from SKB came today! I'm thinking Jim could jump on this baby without hurting it...:D

Attachments

• skb 001.jpg
    skb 001.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 17
  • skb 002.jpg
    skb 002.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 17
  • skb 003.jpg
    skb 003.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 17
Check it out!

This guy does the same warm up as me! Amazing!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QySNr_Qi9S0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I try to go manufacturer direct when possible, or Elderly instruments. I did find this case on sale at MF, so got it there. But don't remember the last thing I got there before the case...been many years if ever.

They are, but I can drive there in an hour, then spend the day drooling over all the vintage instruments.8) Plus, they usually have several of anything i'm looking for.

Thought i ordered 10 picks along with some other stuff...evidently I ordered 10 packages of 12...I've enough to last the rest of my life probably.:|:

JIm, I've never worn one out before I misplaced it...but then I use .96mm Delrin...tough as nails, no bend, and slide nicely over the strings.

I used to use tortoise shell but they would wear down too quickly for the price ($35-45ea), and needed regular work on them to keep them playable.

I've never used a pick on a bass.

I've never worn out a pick, but I've had the thin ones crack and bust.

Brian May? I have a brass pick somewhere...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I started out using a pick. I found that I could play faster and more accurately with my fingers.

I use my thumb, pointer and middle finger. Sometimes if I have had just enough booze I will use my ring finger too.

The professional players say that I am doing it wrong, but it works for me!

Used to use those Dunlop Tortex picks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the sound better, with fingers. Used to like a harder sound that I got with a pick.

I guess I have mellowed with age! The Fender amp I destroyed by throwing it off the stage had and overdrive button, it was cool for a couple of days, but it wore off.

So I play finger style now, with the brightest strings I can get. My favorites were D'addario Prisms, but they quit making them. You can make super bright stings sound mellow, but you cant brighten up mellow strings.

That last bit is spot on Jim

I like the control using my fingers gives me on Bass...not so much on guitar.

Back