Anyone in a band or play an instrument?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pyUZh_Cbw6Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've run across this guy before...he is an amazing talent.:thumbup:

I've never had that kind of hand speed, sad to say.

Well, back to the drawing board to find a band to pick with.

Followed up on my emails with the latest and got told they tried out several others who didn't work out and got burned out trying people so they decided to continue as a duo.

Would have been nice to at least get a shot at it. I'm a bit down about this one.

Ah well, life goes on, such as it is...

This was a rockabilly rhythm guitar job Butch. Just straight rhythm...leave the embellishment to the lead player.

They play as a bass & elec lead duo.

Jay, they never got back to me with the songs...I never got to try out.

That is what bums me out the most about this: They wanted exactly what I do for a guitar player, but never gave me the chance to show them.

a little excerpt form our conversation:

"Hi Dave
Sorry for the long delay, we've just been busy. We play a lot and also work full time. Wow, I didn't realize 2 weeks had gone by.

We actually tried out someone last week (a fellow musician we've known a long time), and it didn't go so well. Same goes for trying a couple people on just a snare drum. We're finding it's not as easy as people think it is to play a simple rhythm. We've only met one guy who can do it, and he plays a few times a month with us (he's really busy with kids/family otherwise).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we got kind of burned out on trying other people, and decided to do most shows as a duo for now.

Thanks for following up!
Sarah"

My answer:

"Sarah,

Sorry things didn't work out for you the way you wanted. I think I could have helped, but who knows.

Thanks for getting back to me to let me know.

Have a great day, and best wishes for the future."

Great reply to them from you, Dave. Maybe they will rethink it at some point.

If they have a website and a link for contact, I'd be happy to drop them a line and say that I heard of the possibility for a collaboration, and think that they should maybe want to give it a try. I won't make it sound like you requested it. Only if you think it's not a bad idea and might be of some use.

Thanks Jim. Just another one that wasn't meant to be I guess.

Usually doesn't bother me, I've been in an out of so many units over the years, but this one got me down a bit for some reason.

Jay, Thanks for the offer, but I'll let it go as it is.
My reply was meant to leave the door open. I don't care to burn bridges in music...people change who they play with all the time: you never know...it's just business.

Butch, they already do some 2 and 3 piece gigs. Depends on the size of the venue.

it's all good.

It scares the shit outta me! I could hurt myself (and possibly the foundation) with thing!

How many watts do you push, Jim?

I outta get the 15" extension cab that matches this. That would bump it up to 2 fiddy!

Back