Anyone in a band or play an instrument?

It shouldn't be hard for Dave to find a willing cowgirl, himself being a musician. He must have to fight them off. How about some groupie stories, say women over 35!

Same here.

So, who likes this bass guitar?

HTB1NShHKpXXXXaaXpXXq6xXFXXXT.jpg

Order it! Don't be skeered!

I had a custom made clear pickguard fabricated for my new Ibanez... it looks sweet!

Yep Ibanez is made in Japan and has been since the 1930s. Before then it was started in Spain by salvadore Ibanez in the late 1800s. He made the first double neck guitar before 1900. I think he died in the early 1920s and about ten years later his family sold the business. That figures! The Japanese were importing the guitars and after the business was sold, not to them, they started mass production and used the Ibanez brand name. That's about all I know. I've been playing my fiddle and realizing that the fret less four string little sob is going to be a challenge. Everyone kicked me outside while I played it. I've got Mary had a little lamb and twinkle little star down. Kind of.

A little! I'm working on lough Erin shore now. It's a song by the irish group the corrs. I bought a tuner and leave it on while I'm playing to see how close to the notes I'm getting. Different world than the guitar.

Jim, I think that there are a number famous rock stars that play Asian guitars, probably amongst their others. Zz's Billy Gibbons is one. China is just a little west of where his was made, so just say it's an Asian guitar, and if it's good enough for Billy.....

onepaw: If you have Skype (it's free), I'd be happy to help out any time. I am usually sitting near the computer with my fiddle next to me or in my hands anyway. Feel free to PM me and we could set something up.

The tuner is a good starter, but you'll go through batteries pretty quick. If you can distinguish correct harmony notes using a drone works pretty well to find correct intonation. It is also great ear training, which you'll need in the future, as the tuner won't keep up with playing a song up to speed.

Yesterdays show was a hoot. crowd was fun...there was a bar on each side of the stage:lol:

Attachments

• Luther Logging Days.jpg
    Luther Logging Days.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Luther.jpg
    Luther.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Luther3.jpg
    Luther3.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 15
JIm, the Bass is a 1940 King Moretone. The guitar player sings most of the lead...drummer and I do harmonies.

Butch, my amp is between the drummer and me, we mic it into the PA. very realistic sound reproduction.

You use the same mic that you use for singing? I was looking for one lower, closer to the F holes.

How much did your bass cost? Is it full size or 3/4?

Back