Anyone in a band or play an instrument?

He's what I should be. I blame it on the devil's lettuce!!!

But I can live with that!

I love those old amps!

Attachments

• 37420834_1777618888973877_120319157995569152_o.jpg
    37420834_1777618888973877_120319157995569152_o.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 15
My drum platform

Here's how it looks, Ryan. It's working out to be better than I ever thought it would be. Plus, I can pretend I'm stepping onto a stage!!! :rockon:

Attachments

• PDP Platform 2aa.jpg
    PDP Platform 2aa.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 9
  • PDP Platform 3a.jpg
    PDP Platform 3a.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 9
So the kick pedal is fastened to the stage and not the rim of the kick? Does the kick walk on you or is it attached to the stage as well? Did you have to adjust the mallets to strike the center of the head or was that a concern? Very cool idea.

If you look closely at the last pic you'll see a wood screw (with a plastic hose) stopping any fwd motion of the kick drum. Yes, the pedal is secured to the platform.

Crazy ass drummers. You need to get out gigging. Around here a lot of the local places have jam nights. My uncle Charlie boom chicka boom Fisher who did all the treework with me is a regular at said events.

The last time I jammed we were butchering Crazy Train and the guitarist gave me shit for continuing the 16th notes on the hi hats when I should have gone down to 8th notes. I don't know if I screwed up or not but when it's a fun basement jam I don't need some mofo scrutinizing my playing. Effing guitarists....I haven't jammed since.

Shoulda just told him to f-ck himself. Jam nights are about fun, not perfection. Could've atleast thrown a stick at him or something. It takes all types to make the world go round and some people take themselves to seriously. Paid gig? Sure maybe some constructive criticism at the appropriate moment. Jam night? Leave the criticisms at the door.

I don't jam or play anything now. But I took a lot of music lessons through my youth. Piano, saxophone and guitar.

My dad still plays a bunch, paid gigs in a band and my uncle gigs and hits up a lot of jam nights.

I jam at home... I ain't packing shit anywhere - especially with that platform set-up. Besides, playing at home is what I'm setting up for. I have everything a guitar, bass, and drummer needs right there ready to go. Nobody has to bring anything but an attitude. And if I'm missing something I need to pursue this, I'll just add it to my GAS.

I climber trees long enough... now I wanna RAWK.

My uncle hauls his drums in a pickup or in his Cadillac and he's 66 I think?
Rocking out on your own is great and all but you should share the love. Get out there and in front of some people. I swear when I see my dad on stage, every time it brings a tear to my eye. Powerful shit to be up in front of a crowd making music.

Heading down to Kendallville, IN with the camper sometime today or tonight...playing one set Thursday night there.

Tell me about it...:lol:

If it ever quits raining here I'll get stuff packed and be on my way. Have to be back for work on Saturday morning.

Just turn the last song into a 20 minute space jam to make it worth the trip. Innagaddadavida baby!

I don't understand overzealous moderators. No warning, I still don't know what I did.

Not a good way to inspire membership activity!

I copied a youtube comment? Teh farq???

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 11
Seems awful trivial...and no warning?...wth

I agree Butch. being heavy handed doesn't help the forum out.

I moderate on a music forum and like that we mostly just help members navigate, answer questions, delete bot posts, etc. Once in a while we'll message someone that we changed the topic their thread was under. We are mostly there to facilitate learning and navigation. A couple guys are very tech savvy, and a couple, like me, are more musically knowledgeable.

Hey Ryan, check it out. I'm wondering how easy those heads will be to tune???

Attachments

• 42130624_10210250574580356_7318475224133926912_n.jpg
    42130624_10210250574580356_7318475224133926912_n.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 11
Back