Anyone in a band or play an instrument?

I wish I had an extra 28 grand laying around...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XKv1aLZPIdY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's why I spent two-fiddy on my throne!

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/X8qyrqw"><a href="//imgur.com/X8qyrqw">For my next trick...</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Birthday party today. We got another drummer! The old folks didn't last long once he started groovin'.:lol:

rbcrop.jpg

Looks good. I've never had my hi-hats walk on me before. I've put 50lbs in my kickdrum though and it still moved until I ran a 2x4 on the floor to hold it in place.

Can you adjust the height of your throne on the fly like an office chair?

Yea, it's hydraulic - bouncy-bouncy!!! I'm really loving my new direct-drive pedals... the old one was chain. I have Ringo spikes on my kick - it stays put!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hT4fFolyZYU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can anyone here play Boston's Foreplay on the organ? It seems near impossible to figure out from easily available resources. I'm getting close, but it already plays so fast, that slowing it down enough to listen for individual notes almost isn't possible, not to mention heavy distortions caused by the louder instruments.

It depends. Sometimes I'll use Youtube's 25% feature which is good, I just often forget about it and it has no EQ, so I use Windows Media Player @ 50% instead. And I keep forgetting to buy Transcribe!, which goes down to 20% and has a powerful EQ and precise loop tool to help isolate individual notes from even heavy distortion. Anyway I almost have it figured out, some of the bass might be lost forever as it is just too drowned out, but then if it's too drowned out, who'd know the difference anyway.

I tried Transcribe for a little bit...can't remember exactly why I didn't like it...

I've had pretty good luck with Amazing Slow Downer. Not free but has been well worth the cost to me.

I spend many hours a week tearing apart breaks & riffs on recordings from youtube, etc.

I just extract the audio and drag/drop it into the software.

I cna relate t trying to pull things out that are buried in the mix...it's a bear.

I thinks it's amazing. The only disappointment is how it lacks many advanced features you look for after being amazed by the advance features it has. Still a great tool.

The only thing that has really helped was finding a youtube video containing the sound files for a rock band video game, which should have the notes right given the nature of the game. The organ also has guitar mixed over it, and isn't the clearest, but at least there's no drums and such. The original recording was highly processed and layered anyway.

That's the first video I looked up and it is SO VERY hilariously wrong. I've learned you have to develop an ear for fast notes (which usually happens when learning to play an instrument) to tell the difference, but most people as proven in the comments can't tell the difference.

Nowadays that intro has been over expanded by Tom.

Something else I used recently was sort of like an EQ in my brain. I listen for a certain note while playing back a short clip over and over, and I soon become oblivious to all other notes except the one I'm looking for + or- a couple full steps. Then I memorized that pattern, went to the organ and figured out how to play that part. The issue was I thought I had that part figured out, but something always sounded off. Apparently I wasn't playing the lower pitches in a sequence low enough and spaced properly, and I couldn't tell those notes apart because they sounded almost all the same, but confirmation bias was affecting what I was hearing. Memorizing the patter of only the notes in the particular pitch range of the sequence allowed me to compare those notes with each other, and I quickly realized which notes they were. (Ab G Ab F G Ab) instead of (C Ab Bb F G Ab).

Back