Anyone in a band or play an instrument?

My new guitar is on the truck and out for delivery! :rockon:

The drum module arrived the other day and it's cooler 'n shit!!!

Going into Winnipeg tonight to see Corrosion of Conformity, Crowbar and two other metal acts. I can tell I'm getting old when my main concern is standing for 5 hours while sidestepping drunk idiots. Should be good and loud though.

Butch did you integrate the module with your kit yet?

Heck yea, it replaced my snare - I'm loving it. Loving that new guitar, too. It's loud as a mofo!

I can't imagine attending a 5 hour concert!!!

It was good. Sloped floor helped the view but killed my back and one calf. Thank gawd the venue had earplugs, it was super loud. It's awesome watching pro drummers, everything looks so effortless. 2 hours of sleep in -50c wind isn't so awesome today mind you.

My first time for earplugs. It was kinda nice, eliminated a bunch of stage "noise".

COC was awesome. Receding hairlines and wrinkled skin but still kicking ass! The drum tech had to fill in, I hear the drummer might like the booze a bit too much....

Ha. A drunken drummer. Who'd have thunk it?

So were there many old farts like you and I there or mostly a younger crowd?

There was probably 15 % over 40 and 95% male which is typical of any metal show I've been to.

The first time we went to see COC a few years back we weren't expecting the drummer because he had an alcoholic seizure in Edmonton but managed to sober up enough for the Wpg show which was nice cause he's an excellent drummer. Hard life of a rock band I suppose.

I found some used Roto toms to gather dust with the rest of my neglected drum kit. 100% impulse purchase with zero regret.8)

rotoresized.jpg

Heck yea! How much? A hunnert? $150? I'll have a set one of these days!!!

I'm loving my new drum module, I even bought another. That gives me 8 pads!

That doesn't look real sturdy! Fans rushing the stage could upset it!!!

$150. You can change the tone just by spinning the drum on the threaded mount. I never knew that.

He had a little 6" roto tom on it's own stand but I didn't think it was worth the $50.

Mr. Chrome Dome! Reporting for duty!!!

Attachments

• ElectroPhonic combo 1.jpg
    ElectroPhonic combo 1.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 13
  • ElectroPhonic combo 2.jpg
    ElectroPhonic combo 2.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 13
Back