Shizll rope slider

I'm using a Cinch for a lanyard adjuster these days, but if I was still using a friction hitch I would get one of these.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Seems simple enough and i thought it might fit a 5/8 line and give the option for slack tending like micro pulleys do on smaller lines

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now that u say that a swivel snap would do the same thing and be midline attachable and be had for only a few bucks

I picked one up a few days ago from TreeStuff. I like it.
Posted a review of it there which I'll copy and paste here.

I'm using this on my safety lanyard- and it works just as well as my Pinto pulley, at a fraction of the weight.
The lanyard is a 11.5 Lava "New England," with a sewn termination.
In order to get the Shizll loaded on the line, I had to remove the shrink tubing covering the Grizzly Splice. Even after doing so, it was a tight squeeze.
I use a 10mm BeeLine with a VT knot. The Shizll lays under the terminated legs of the cordage- and it is those legs which advance the knot. The VT never comes in contact with the devise--- and it doesn't need to.
Basically, the Shizll's primary function is for routing the lanyard's tail whilst advancing.
Overall- I'm very pleased with it. The weight savings and the tightening up of the complete system, is refreshing...

i have two on my doubled ended lanyard (not flipline, no steel core in it). work good. cheap, light, simple. they aren't midline attachable but you can thread a splice or stitched eye through. all in all i just wanted to try them out and i'm happy enough to keep using them so i guess it's a :thumbup:

Back