Inventors, Innovators - improvements for Arborists

Power to the people brother :drink:

Check out this new tool…
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wucQiUHemn4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was kind of my idea that I gave to Bailey's a bunch of years ago, but the idea was to incorporate a brush with the gas can. Less for cleaning the filter than for brushing away sludge around the saw's gas and oil caps. Even though I wasn't seeking royalties, they never picked up on it.

Interesting Jay. Hey did you ever see that one vid of the gas can that wore some sort of jacket that had tons of pockets to store stuff in? I'll have to dig it up some time.

I was always under the impression you weren't supposed to brush an air filter like that. Am I misinformed?

Yep, that's the right way to do it Darin.

Here's the gas can vid, it took a lot of digging but I found it.
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qaqNyLj9gio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why are you giving credit to David Driver for the X-Rings? All he did was buy some Antal rings, put his name on them, and claimed them as his invention. If he would have come clean on how it wasn't his idea and he was merely adopting them to our industry than I woulda been cool with that. But he tried to play it off like they were his idea, and that he put all this time and money into inventing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was originally very interested in in the Xrings. I was all psyched up to do a review video to help spread the word. While I was editing a video about it, I got an email about Antal's website. While I investigated and pondered, the whole mess blew up about it at treebuzz. I tapped out at that point.

How did it all play out? Did the thread come to any sort of confusion.

love
nick

Really, different quality to the Tenex? Would that show up in a picture? The ability to pick so easily of the ABR slings is hands down my least favorite thing about those slings.

Oh man, sorry it took so long for me to see this Merle! The ABR Tenex is not coated, and has an almost silk-like feel. The Coated Tenex (green) is considerably stiffer and more resistant to picking. If I had my druthers I'd take the coated stuff every time.

DSC03557.JPG

DSC03558.JPG

DSC03560.JPG

DSC03562.JPG

I prefer several strong slaps against something or better yet blast it with compressed air. Brushing/whisking shove the finer debris into the filter, IMO.

I've never blasted a hole in a filter, not once. However, if you hold it too close for too long, you CAN blast the fleecing off.

A soft old toothbrush, a bar of soap, & warm water make for a new looking filter. Pat them dry with a towel after rinsing.
It is dangerous for my health to clean them in the bathroom sink when my wife is around.

back pack blower in the field and pwr wash when it warms up.
anybody pwr wash their whole saw?

Rings, big thimble, biners shackle, etc its the natural progression of things.
Blocks are still the best for rigging
not much different than rocks, monkey fist, throw bags, pears, balls and pods and RK.

I would like to tell the whole RA story if anyone cares to hear it?

I was originally very interested in in the Xrings. I was all psyched up to do a review video to help spread the word. While I was editing a video about it, I got an email about Antal's website. While I investigated and pondered, the whole mess blew up about it at treebuzz. I tapped out at that point.

How did it all play out? Did the thread come to any sort of confusion.

love
nick

I'm not sure if that was intentional or a slip of the tongue, but the answer is yes, it sure did.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thomas, I want to hear it - so do other inventors waiting to be inspired/scared.

rangerdanger - I would never try to talk a person out of a thing they are committed to or feel passionate about. I won’t watch a Jane Fonda movie under any circumstances. It’s idiotic, she well never know, my wife thinks I’m over the top on that. But it matters to me that she sat on an Anti Aircraft Gun in North Vietnam during a time of war and supported our enemy. The day she sincerely (not some televised BS) apologizes to Butch and the guys over in Hanoi Hilton that were taunted with here actions then ok. I applaud you doing what is right for you.

Personally I only ever came to the tree forums to learn some things and share a couple of things others might not know. XRR’s are an elegant solution to rigging problems that I wish I would have had 35 years earlier in life. David got those into my view and hands - Antal did not. For me David was a great Innovator on that one. If he keeps going the industry is going to benefit a lot from what comes out of his twisted mind. (If he thought the same as me he would be happy with the same tool as yesterday, nothing new.)

Bix cool brush. Mine gets all ratty being exposed. I think I will have to get one even if it’s only cause it will be kept in great shape in the pipe handle. I like the idea of variable stiffness too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Grendel, There were so many great posts I forgot I wanted to reply to yours too. Thanks for putting up the pictures and your thoughts. I have checked back in to see if Sherrill would update their info on the XRR’s and offer a custom size on the triple rigging ring sling. They have not. Guess I will have to call and ask, or see if TreeStuff can do any custom stuff with heartier Tenex.

I raised an eye brow at the situation because David seemed to be presenting it as if he invented it. Perhaps it's more appropriate to say he implemented it? I don't know all the details, though.

He got extremely pissy about being exposed as passing them off as his own invention. As in EXTREMELY.

Quite funny, really, and a good reminder why I don't visit that site any more.

Back