The MS150 Has Arrived

It's a tiny 'lil thang.

214448-preview-pressemitteilung-stihl-waechst-zweistellig-und-investiert-kraeftig-in-die-zukunft-bild.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You're welcome.

I plan on being a regular around here if you guys will have me. This place has a laid back feel to it that is very inviting.

Have you reached around and unsnapped her bra yet Randy. :D

I'm pretty sure it is a strato saw. I've not even pulled the air filter yet though.

I'm knee deep in MS261Cs at the moment. I've ported 5 of them in the last week.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IY7zQKw4qsQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'd like to see how it's power could hold up to reaming a high pressure undercut in honking hanging limb. I suspect it would get stuck right away. But maybe not.

It will not handle being forced through a back cut by using the dogs. This is not from a lack of power but seems to be from the chain and bar configuration. It loads up and bogs. Conversely you can really lean on a cut with the top of the bar and it stays cutting fine. Great little saw which, remember, is designed for fine trimming, not topping and removals. But even so, it has got some power, but it is requiring some rethinking on cutting procedures to get the most out of it.

David

I hate to think any saw needs to be modified to be a useable tool.

I've seen some that just were a disappointment in stock form though. Hopefully this is not one of those.

I like to do mods that make a saw have more torque than stock.......more unloaded rpm is of no concern to me. If we find a way to build in more torque the engine will hold a higher rpm in the cut, where it matters.

I've seen too many saws that were high rpm screamers that wouldn't get the chain moving again once stopped in the cut......that is useless for real work.

What I'm hoping we can do for this saw is to make it a better tool.

Mods aren't all we do BTW......we do stock rebuilds too.

Seems like you're running a real pro outfit. Thanks for taking the time to share this.

Nothing special.......a small shop here at my home. I've been self employed most of my life though. It's real nice being right here finally.

Do you find it cold tempered?

Insert woman joke *here*

Yes.....yes it was a little cold natured. We'll fix that.....

I hate to think any saw needs to be modified to be a useable tool.

I like to do mods that make a saw have more torque than stock.......more unloaded rpm is of no concern to me. If we find a way to build in more torque the engine will hold a higher rpm in the cut, where it matters.
What I'm hoping we can do for this saw is to make it a better tool.
Randy, the MS150 needs more torque, so modify it good.:D
Here's a video from some arbs over in Europe playing with the MS150 up against Husqvarna's new battery powered T536XP saw.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGFNCap2ckg

Back