The MS150 Has Arrived

My saw displayed the same symptoms when it was new but now those fussy restart problems are gone. I think things are pretty tight inside that little 150 and need time to properly seat.

David

I agree, gotta work out the bugs, needs break in time.....I re-a-justed carb, seems to be running better now.

Make sure and take chain off often and clean crud out of bar groove, make sure chain a little loose...lotta friction bad for 150, needs all the help it can get lol

I agree, gotta work out the bugs, needs break in time.....I re-a-justed carb, seems to be running better now.

Make sure and take chain off often and clean crud out of bar groove, make sure chain a little loose...lotta friction bad for 150, needs all the help it can get lol

Yep, definitely seems that way.

The 150 is awesome, very handy tool, I've seen BOTS tear it up with that little saw.

Kevin, Wouter has been rockin' this little Husky for a while now and raves about it…

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dZwA9JSaUis?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frankly, that little bugger appeals to me head and shoulders over the 150. Why? I can accept it's performance limitations far easier than a tiny gas powered saw with the same or similar limits.

That doesn't neccesarily make sense, but there it is. The bar shape and chain type makes this oldschool cutter more comfortable, and the quietude is awesome.

Frankly, that little bugger appeals to me head and shoulders over the 150. Why? I can accept it's performance limitations far easier than a tiny gas powered saw with the same or similar limits.

That doesn't neccesarily make sense, but there it is. The bar shape and chain type makes this oldschool cutter more comfortable, and the quietude is awesome.

I agree, now why aren't they for sale anywhere?

I ran one a cople of weeks ago.
I thought it was way too heavy for the power it had.
Electrics have to come a way yet, before I'll go that way.
In all fairness I'll have to say that it was sharpened by an arborist, though.

BTW, take whatever Burnham says about the 150 with a grain of salt. He can't really wrap his mind around a saw that doesn't sport a 30" bar:lol:

Nah, I figure you have one fitted with a 30" bar somewhere that you use for cutting the branches of those mighty west coast trees:P

No more snappy comebacks from me, I'm off to clear riding trails and forest roads.
We had another storm 3 days ago and were still a couple of weeks from being finished with the blowdown from the last one.
It is 6 AM here, time to ride to work, then I can get there just as it gets light at 7.45.

So how much does that electric Husky weigh?
How's the balance? How long does a charge last, how many of those small takedowns could he do on one charge?

For me it would be all about the weight.

Is it really necessary to put the brake on every time you stop cutting? Seems like if there is a throttle release like on conventional saws, that would be sufficient.

... and the quietude is awesome.

LOL!! An eloquent summation my friend. I do think that electric saws, at least the small ones, are the future and if someone gave me one I would gladly take it for a spin. The 150 is going to be a hard act to follow though if, like Bermy said, you look at the whole picture. Lightweight, great balance, with a long run time per tank of gas, even though it is an itty bitty tank, combined with super smooth cutting make the Stihl a joy to use.

David

As far as I know that batt powerd husky weighs about same as 201T or a bit more....nothing touches the ms 150 for lightness, a hard act to follow :thumbup:

Just as general conversation they have made great improvements in battery powered tools .

It's almost like computors, the power level goes up and the price comes down .

If it is heavy like the 201 than I don't want it. I really can't believe the difference a couple of pounds makes.

They have a Big battery for torque and long run time, there Very heavy....if they could develope a small light batt. with good run time, then were talking.... mabey in the near future

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll try my best to get back on this little saw soon. This time of year I get snowed under with port work. We've got over 20 saws to port right now.

I read that Husky with an extra high capacity batt. would be at about $1000 right now. Run time is supposed to be 30 min.. Think I heard it might be available in the states late 2014.

I consider it to be an early offering and was going to wait till they are improved and cheaper before I bought one. (Could get one from Europe and a power converter.) Then the next days job had me working in town next to a Psychiatrist office and a bunch of professional buildings. I could sell people on more work with a ‘quiet chainsaw’ pitch. Probably will buy one on the early side.

Batts. will take a huge jump here at some point. They already have the ‘how to’ make the same size battery store something like 100 times the power and be amazingly light, also near infinite recharge cycles. I think the technology/material is called graphine (sp). Hang up right now is how to produce enough of it cheaply enough.

Absolutely.
If someone had told us about the Tesla roadster 20 years ago, we'd have put them in the nut house.

Likewise this one:https://www.mission-motorcycles.com/

I would love to swap the BMW for one of those and with the low tax and duty on electric vehicles here, it wouldn't be that expensive.

Well that answers a question about weight thanks.

I sure could have used one yesterday, thinning a small eucalyptus tip-toeing on branch tips and tops...my silky blade is a bit dull and the 200t was like hauling a box around. I sent it down at least three times to facilitate climbing around. I needed it up top on the bigger branches.
The 150 is now on the official wish list

Back