The MS150 Has Arrived

Both mine are great��������

I have them exhaust modded and a timing advance in one of them. I think the extra life in the modded saws helps to keep the bar groove clean.

I read somewhere that on some of them a small piece of plastic hasn’t been punched out correctly during the manufacturing process. Could be worth a look.

I guess the subject of plastic is where I rub up against this saw as a realistic tool. I mean, really?...can any one actually find the idea of plastic dogs in concert with the idea of a real chainsaw :).

Y'all that have found them a useful tool in your box of tricks, carry on. No dis from me on you making that choice, no matter that I'd not do so. Thankfully, we are allowed to have differing opinions here in the T'House.

I commonly cut without using my dogs, especially when limbing conifers. I commonly cut with my dogs in conifers.

200t's come stock with dogs. 193t's don't, but fit the ~$5 part with two included screws.

The 150t looks like it has screw holes and indentations for dogs. Dunno.

My 150 came without dogs. I added them as a spare part after some times. Big improvement. The engine is small, though, you can't pry on the dogs like its bigger sisters, it would stall/make it slip. But they help to stabilize the saw and keep it cutting consistently. If not, the tank's seem protrudes and touches first the bark, tending to rotate the saw sideway and jam the chain.

The oiler issue is annoying, but the oil quantity is plenty (when it works). The main problem for the oiling is that this baby saw doesn't manage well the chips. The 200 has the same issue, but not as strong as the 150. The sprocket is encased very deeply in the housing and the chips doesn't have a straight path to live the chain and flow out. Often, you get more chips coming out on the top of the bar (circling around the sprocket) than at the bottom. The sprocket's case and the bar's groove are flooded with debris. That slows down the engine a little and the oiler can't no more push strong enough the oil to blow out the debris. You have to run it at full speed in air for some seconds to clear the jam and get the oil again. I hate that full speed part.

Like I keep saying...is a LITTLE saw, and it punches above its weight , but use it accordingly.
Chigas, I'm a little tree surgeon, and I can do a lot, but don't ask me to climb a 120' tree lugging a 660...ain't gonna happen :)

I was thinking I remembered a inner metal dawg.

No issues that you commercial guys are seeing. I couldnt complain for my uses and the tree guy that got it loves it for his pruning needs.

s150afffff.jpg

Yesterday it didn't sound right, I don't know if the climber bumped the choke switch again or if he decided to run it on half choke with no throttle control. I forgot to look, and couldn't understand his Taiwanese accent when I told him to turn the choke off. I know we have one 291 that frequently has the throttle linkage pop off, so you have to either stop and fix it or run it on half choke.

Try changing the spark plug, both mine started to run a little rough and both times it was the spark plug.
Again, everything is degrees smaller, and I reckon we run them a bit hard, not to mention doing the muffler mod, so stands to reason something like the plug might go.

Oh and yes, from time to time I will inadvertently bump the choke...so it could just be that.

What a graceful withdrawal Burnham, such a gentleman :)

Back