Messed up bearings on chipper: VIDEO

I still think everybody that reads this SHOULD call morbark. They are "thinking" about resolving this, lets make sure they do AND send a message that this kind of shitty business won't be tolerated.....

I could see the expectation for them to go out of their way on the damage they caused. That's not a warranty issue, it doesn't fall under any of the warranty rules. It's their fault and the average business would do well to bend over backwards correcting their mistakes.

My excavator works in the mud, around trees, playing in the dirt, etc, but still I keep it as clean as practical. It makes me look better and it cost entirely too much to let it slide. Keeping it cleaner keeps makes it easier to see problems as well as increases resale value. The track loader is harder to keep clean as it seems like it's always working in/slinging mud. Still, when I finish a big job, the machines get cleaned up. Even if they are headed back to some dismal swamp. Still, this isn't the point of the thread, so I'll shut up.

You, Nick, are super awesome and I admire you. :))

:thumbup:
Nick, after reading several years worth of posts by you, to you, and about you, I've come to know you through the net as a very good, qualified, honest, and honorable business owner and person in general.

I'd like to suggest that maybe you look at this from another point of view. In essence; "what would Nick do?". If you were on the 'seller' side of this whole deal what would you expect to do for your customer? You have the right to expect the same from them.

I really hope they make this up to you somehow.

On the bright side it is great that your as busy as you are. :)

I still think everybody that reads this SHOULD call morbark. They are "thinking" about resolving this, lets make sure they do AND send a message that this kind of shitty business won't be tolerated.....

I agree you may well be right Paul...Andy will you call Morbark at 989-866-2381 and tell them you’re Merle....

Ok, I’ll call Tue.. It fries me that Nick isn’t treated on this and especially dealer damage the same way we treat our customers to keep them and keep them happy. Actually thats the basic point I will speak to. “I trust Morbark is disappointed to hear of a customer of THEIRS being treated this way, and will bring their full weight and influence to bear to make sure that THEIR customer is taken care of to THEIR standards. And I will be waiting to see and happy to talk about how they handle it.”

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd like to suggest that maybe you look at this from another point of view. In essence; "what would Nick do?".

Couple weeks ago we did this quirky job at a preschool. 60' tall pine tree had dropped cones on a couple kids. They wanted the cones removed. I have a price and got the job.

The guys texted me mid day saying a cone had bounced to where the toys were moved and had broken a toy table.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392691893.613952.jpg

I contacted the client, apologized, told them I had found the same table at toys r us online and offered to ship one to the school. They were super happy with that (and truth is- the table was brittle and sun bleached and shoulda been replaced anyways) but who cares. We caused the damage- we'll fix it.

Obviously- that's the way it's supposed to work.

love
nick

Of course. I'm curious about his thoughts.

love
nick

Will do, I also am curious, my Morbark dealer is more than helpful. I would not like Morbark or all the dealer's be at the wrath of one guy,,By now it seems you guys got it fixed! Gotta luv it.

Couple weeks ago we did this quirky job at a preschool. 60' tall pine tree had dropped cones on a couple kids. They wanted the cones removed. I have a price and got the job.

The guys texted me mid day saying a cone had bounced to where the toys were moved and had broken a toy table.

I contacted the client, apologized, told them I had found the same table at toys r us online and offered to ship one to the school. They were super happy with that (and truth is- the table was brittle and sun bleached and shoulda been replaced anyways) but who cares. We caused the damage- we'll fix it.

Obviously- that's the way it's supposed to work.

love
nick

Yep, thats it right there...I conduct my business the same way...good on you Nick!

Exactly! That's the difference between a good business man and a bad one.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

This, times 100! You are a great guy Nick, I meant no disrespect at all! It just sucks you have to be a jerk so you don't get treated like a jerk is all I'm on about.

Nick, I've skimmed the last couple pages. The dealer doesn't have to lend you a machine. You don't have to have a lawyer involved that says that your machine was damaged by the dealer and you WILL GET SATISFACTION. That could be a lawsuit, or you circling the block all day with a sign on the side of the truck indicating that they damaged your machine, "I spent $25k, and all I got was a Lemon Chipper and a dealer to damage it more, and a bill."

I sure as frig would go talk to the guy with the sandwich board/ sign, and the paperwork, and thread print-outs before going to spend even $500, much less 10k, 20k, 100k.

If 'someone' should video it, and post it to YouTube and FB, well, I bet it could go Big.

A multi-pronged approach would be best.

Ignoring the normal wear and tear, anything that they couldn't sell as a new part is damaged goods. I gather they bent some stuff and did bad paint work. Would they sell it for full price on the floor? Your asset was damaged by them.

I'm hoping at least, Nick's phone is blowing up today with people trying to fix this problem immediately!

I was told that they would call me back yesterday, guess that was a lie. I think this should be escalated due to the way they conduct themselves..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can say that all day yesterday and today I've been getting calls, texts, Facebook messages, PMs here, and more regarding this.

The most important of them is that today Craig from Direct Edge called to say they will take care of it, fix the probs that need fixing, transit the vehicle there and back, and leave a loaner in the interim.

He needed to check some scheduling things on his end.

I'll report back.

love
nick

Encouraging, yes. Good news, yes. The fact that this had to come to this is still total BS! I wish you the best Nick, and for the dealers sake, I hope he does what he says.

I went to my John Deere dealer to pick up a water pump rebuild kit and have them press the old bearing out and the new one in. Should be a 1/2 hour job at most for someone who has the right tools and has done it a bunch. The guy tries to press in the wrong bearing and can't get it in. He finds out wrong one and looks for right one. Can't find a kit but he finds it piece by piece. Now it is closing time and he would like me to come back the next day. Boss tells him he might as well finish it up as I have been standing around waiting for and hour. He reluctantly agrees and installs it. When I get the bill it is for 1 1/2 hours of labor. I figured he saved me an hours driving not to have to come back but still kinda pricey. I decide to not go off on them and make an enemy.

I take the head off my diesel tractor to them to have the valves and seats ground. Something they do a lot of. When I get it back I am going to bolt on the air cleaner hose flange and decide to rub my finger down in the intake to see if there is any dust in there. Yes, grinding dust from doing the seats, they never flushed it out. I am livid, as I am putting the head on new pistons, sleeves that would have been trashed. I bite my lip in case I ever have an emergency and really need them. I know if I call them they will probably never want to talk to me again.

I pretty much do everything I can for myself as there are more horror stories. Pride in your work seems to be on a permanent vacation.

I know what you mean about no pride in workmanship. The car I recently bought for my wife had a diesel motor retrofitted so the had to fabricate a few pieces to make it work. I pulled of a metal intercooler line that they had put on only to find they had cut a piece of steel tube with an angle grinder and had left all the burs just hanging there ready to be sucked down the intake......:X

Back