Timber Wolf TW5

Cobleskill

Treehouser
Anyone own or use one? One is on Craiglist for $6200 asking price. They say it has about 175 hours on it. I have a lot of Ash that will need to be harvested in the next few years. EAB is in the area. My old splitter is almost 30 and no fun to roll big chunks up on. $6200 is a lot of firewood.

Well Timber Wolf probabley makes one of the more robust splitters of any but they also are the most expensive .

6200 bucks is a bunch of money for a splitter though.If you're going to go for it make sure it's the model with the 5" cylinder .You pay that much you'd just as well go for high tonnage capability .

They are nice. I don't own one but used one for a summer splitting 60 cords, so I have a few hours behind one.

I got mine used for $2200, doubt I would ever pay $6200 for a splitter that didn't do all the work!

Those tw5's are worth it depending on which options they come with. They put out a lot of wood quickly, especially paired with an elevator. Id take one over a firewood processor and I have used both.

We have had TW 5 for years. Yes they are expensive but they will split more wood faster than any comparable splitter. Sooooo much quicker with the log lift and 4 or 6 way wedge. Worth every penny.

I suppose it just depends on the amount of wood a person might process .If you're doing 20 cords it might be a waste of money .100 plus it might be a good choice .

6 way high tonnage or no with large amounts you'd still need help to get any volume.

Now I've seen vid clips of that super split with a couple young guys feeding wood into it and it's fast .However nobody could keep the pace up at the way it was documeted for very long .Oh maybe Superman or Popeye with a bushell full of spinach might stand a chance .

lol, that's true Al. I did some splitting with a few other guys last week in 95 deg heat. We started out like the guys in that vid and that pace didn't last long!

Tom, here's the pricing for the SS http://www.supersplit.com/orderform.html

The production table is worth it if you don't have the means to make one yourself.

Oh yeah that 90 plus temps puts the clamps on that stuff .I tried it myself but after a few face cords plus working almost every day at 10-12 hours per it kind of had to take a back seat to beer thirty .

On the other hand it won't stay hot forever .If it takes me all summer to get the 5-6 cords I have bucked already so be it .--thank heavens I don't sell the stuff any more .I don't care how you do it it's hard work .

I suppose a person could prune their toes with an axe too if they didn't pay attention .Way back when I've dinged my shines from flying steel splitting wedges .SOB that will make you dance ,ouch .

Worse than taking a wallop to the shins is spitting out a wedge used to tip a tree and it gets you in the 'nads .Yes in case you wondered that has happened .

lol, that's true Al. I did some splitting with a few other guys last week in 95 deg heat. We started out like the guys in that vid and that pace didn't last long!

Tom, here's the pricing for the SS http://www.supersplit.com/orderform.html

The production table is worth it if you don't have the means to make one yourself.

The horseflys made that job just that much better :D

I had good intents as this is one of my 10 hour days of splitting some .Changed my mind ,88 right now and humid .Geothermal air conditioning and Budweiser instead:D

Back