Size of your eyes

I don't like my hitch eyes crazy tight. The way I reason is that I'm making a mark that's eventually going to be buried so a couple strand count larger usually zeros it out to where I want it.

Gumby try both for us and let us know how it works. :)

I do like my eyes on climbing lines bubba tight to keep the top biner from flopping around.

I usually do mine smaller than.... they always seem to loosen up after a little use. I like Ice tail best.

Do you really? I just couldn't get with Icetail...grabby as all getout for me, no matter what hitch or host line I tried.

I have tried almost every hitch cord under the sun and I just keep going back to Ice. I love Tenex but I want more heat resistance. My partner loves Oceans. That would probably be my next choice if Ice ever disappeared.

Funny how you say it's grabby because I go about 250lbs and every hitch cord seems grabby for me except Ice.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Hey Gumby, I know everyone says as tight as possible, that equates to just about 2 7/8-3", that will give you an eye that will literally hold a carabiner straight out while holding the rope. I hope this helps you out.

Dave6390 in WI

Back