• I have only used the Rope Wrench and love it

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • I have not used either one

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • This is a stupid question. I use a a wraptor

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree, Jamie is definitely onto something with the hand over hand technique. :D As I said, I've only been able to get in a handful of climbs, but the more I use it the easier it gets. Seem to be able to ascend very quickly with this setup. Of course fine tuning it is also a huge help. I used it to prune a dead top out of a young Oak, but I'm really looking forward to using it for a difficult/challenging take down.
Just a thought, should this discussion be on "another"(it's own)thread? ::?: ;)

Meh, we get sidetracked a lot. Here is Jamies video,

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r4Y5mE4WmxE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have been revisiting an older idea I had for a HH advancer as I have become annoyed with certain aspects of the loop tether type. The small hole can be clipped into with either a chest harness snap or a bungee cord.

Dave

100_4800-1.jpg

Hey Dave, how did this ever work out for you as a tethering option? I'd very much like to get my hands on one. What's it made from?
100_4800-1.jpg

Johnny, have you seen the black plastic HH holster?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hUzwLrgN4os" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dave found the Petzl Fixe matches well with the steel biner as a tender pulley, down low, straddling your bridge ring. I run this sometimes/ usually. Need the right size ring.
Fiona found a second biner, with a bent gate clipped to the same ring as the HH is clipped tends well.

FWIW

Johnny, I'm not sure what that part started life as, maybe a bicycle mirror clamp, but I hammered and drilled it till it fit. It did work for tending but moved around a bit when not being used for that.

As Sean said I moved on to what so far has been better than any other setup I have used. The Petzl Fixe pulley on my bridge ring is outstanding for rope walking and makes a 3:1 haul-back, smooth as silk. It also works well for regular slack-tending but requires more care to keep the carabiner from cross-loading in the HH.

Attachments

• 20150825_114938-1_resized.jpg
    20150825_114938-1_resized.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 53
If you get the Fixe, put it in a vise and gently squeeze the side plates at the carabiner opening. Things will work better if it is a light press fit onto your bridge ring. It makes setting up much easier if after capturing the rope the pulley will stay on the ring by itself.

If it's dedicated, consider filling if you get any binding. My rope bridge and fixe drag a bit in DdRT mode.

Back