GRCS Mount

brendonv

Tree Hugger
Any ever make a separate mount for their GRCS aluminum bollard?

I don't use the GRCS much because of it's weight, but I was thinking about a stripped down mounting plate to run the bollard on.

A guy on arbtalk modified his mount and got rid of the winch, strap, and bar setup in trade for a ratchet strap. Probably dropped some good lbs by doing that.

Attachments

• IMG_3396.jpg
    IMG_3396.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 74
I have never done that but I think it's a great idea. I might have to see about having my welder friend make one up for me. He is the guy who made our truck mount and it has work great. I think it would give lots of options have both mounts available to mount on the tree.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ya it's neat.

I'd like to have a second mount made stripped down for the aluminum bollard. Ropes run with the aluminum bollard is a dream, a crappy rope guy even looks good on it. Just the size of it lets the rope run like butter.

I have thought of buying another mount for the Bollard ... what does a new one cost without strap wrench? , what would the ratchet refit cost? .....

I think tree stuff told me like 800$ for the mount. I don't think you can pick and choose the pieces you want.

If you know a good welder you can get that done pretty cheap IMO.

My buddy could weld me up a mount like the one pictured in the first post for about $200. We also use a pro welder for our equipment who actually owns a shop/business and there is no doubt he could do it for $250 to $300. I would rather have a second mount made as opposed to getting an additional new rigging devise. It would make me feel better using what I have as well as saving a few bucks. I am sure that Bull Rigger is a nice piece of equipment and I would totally consider getting one if I didnt have a GRCS.

My buddy could weld me up a mount like the one pictured in the first post for about $200. We also use a pro welder for our equipment who actually owns a shop/business and there is no doubt he could do it for $250 to $300. I would rather have a second mount made as opposed to getting an additional new rigging devise. It would make me feel better using what I have as well as saving a few bucks. I am sure that Bull Rigger is a nice piece of equipment and I would totally consider getting one if I didnt have a GRCS.

... totally agree, I've had a job or two where we could easily use the bollard in conjunction with the winch... but without another mount plate , we wind up using the Port O Wrap

I saw those, Bud. They are too heavy still.

Stein makes a smaller one, but still not available in the states.

Cannt remember but doesnt the GRCS bollard come mounted on an aluminum plate?? Obviously I dont use mine too often. Seems like you could just cut some holes in it for the hooks on a ratchet strap and weld on a fair lead and wola done!!

It does, Paul, but the plate isn't really big enough for that, especially if it were to be used for heavy rigging. SHouldn't be difficult to fab up a mount for it. It wouldn't have to be as fancy as the standard mount. No need for the pigtails, etc unless you just wanted to get ritzy...

Bull Rigger Bollard

I cant believe those grcs mounts are so expensive.. It might be worth it to just get another Heavy duty rigging device such as Bull Rigger Bollard. It weighs in at just under 20lbs. And is very capable of handling anything you can throw at it with the kerf bracket installed. Here's a pic of one of the latest ones. IMAG2917.jpg

...hmmm has potential I'd say, but figuring I paid for the Bollard and I never use it... would be cool to add versatilty with another mount... how much for the Bul anyways?

Back