GRCS Mount

....it's funny owning the Bollard and never using it ... actually a sweet piece of machine work, Aluminum with large surface area dissapates heat, hell in the video Gregg used it in conjunction with ice packs for big wood running hard...

Gregg used it in conjunction with ice packs for big wood running hard...
Lol, I cant think of one single thing, more impractical, than filling your GRCS or whatever the hell you use with ice. LOL.'

Packing the big igloo cooler to the tree filled with frozen portawraps, and icey bollards, we dont want to heat that rope up, might melt it.
Sad thing is I bet you money some tree nerd saw that video and is packing ice around with him.

I want too to take a real real big top of this tree, but I dont think I have enuff ice. And dammit it all to hell, the ice I do find keeps melting ????
What do its over 100 deg. ? Shut it down lets go home, cant drop wood no ice....oh well.

Like the one we all keep in our first aid kits, to apply when we get whacked a good one by a spring pole.

Indeed. I was tipping an apple a few years ago and boy did I get whacked a good one in the shine bone. I thought I broke my leg because of how quickly it swelled up to watermelon proportions.

I doubt i'd ever put an ice pack in one. Heck, it's rare we even use the aluminum bollard

Nothing my simple mind could quantify. I suppose the knurling on the winch would cause more wear than the smooth aluminum. Still, the usefulness of the winch far out weighs that in my mind

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing my simple mind could quantify. I suppose the knurling on the winch would cause more wear than the smooth aluminum. Still, the usefulness of the winch fat out weighs that in my mind

I was just wondering thanks.

Hahaha...you had to be paying attention closer, Butch...not a biggie.

Far, not fat.
Ain't nobody got time for dat!

Never used Ice.

Do you guys ever doubt strength of the grommets up against the trees?
Have you ever had any slipped off?

Do many of you all Dump wood with the harken on it? or mainly change over to the fixed bollard?
I like to false crotch with cranks on it.....

...hmmm has potential I'd say, but figuring I paid for the Bollard and I never use it... would be cool to add versatilty with another mount... how much for the Bul anyways?

Bull Rigger kit is $525.00 free shipping up to $75.00. Kit comes with Bull Rigger Bollard with top D-ring attachmennt , 4"x27' nting strap and Kerr bracket

... have yet to switch to the Aluminum Bollard, as long as the handle is removed I feel quite comfortable dumping large pieces.... also totally trust all parts of the mountup , properly tightened good to go...-

Back