The Official Work Pictures Thread

Walnut removal today.
Biggest one I've ever had saw in, since we are right at the northern limit for the species.

I gave the wood to a buddy, who is a professional woodturner, as you can see, he was one happy dude:D

We were only a 2 minute drive from the local "turning chips to energy" powerplant, so getting rid of the chips was way easy.
When we brought in the second load, they had already turned the first load into heat.

P1020860.JPG P1020863.JPG P1020870.JPG P1020873.JPG P1020881.JPG P1020883.JPG

Attachments

• P1020848.JPG
    P1020848.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 66
Thanks Stephen.

He gave me Galbert caliper as thank you for the wood.
He is the Danish importer of them.
I've always drooled over them, but never got around to actually ordering one.
I might have to spin some wood this weekend to try it out.
Actually I have to rough turn a piece of the walnut, Richard thought a salad bowl in walnut would be a cool thing to have, so I promised to make him one.

I made the trip to get my dump truck yesterday. I was surprised to find that the owner had installed a complete set of 6 new tires on it....replaced a burned out bulb.....performed a full oil change and chassis lube.......and even filled it with diesel fuel for me. It's got a 40 gallon tank.

The trip went flawlessly. Everything on this truck works perfectly, with the exception of the drop-down sides on the box. I guess the company never used them, so they didn't get much attention. I found no other faults, and the 7.3 liter Ford diesel has amazing power and fuel economy.

I can't wait to put this beast to work. It's a fantastic truck for 5300 bucks.

Joel

I made the trip to get my dump truck yesterday. I was surprised to find that the owner had installed a complete set of 6 new tires on it....replaced a burned out bulb.....performed a full oil change and chassis lube.......and even filled it with diesel fuel for me. It's got a 40 gallon tank.

The trip went flawlessly. Everything on this truck works perfectly, with the exception of the drop-down sides on the box. I guess the company never used them, so they didn't get much attention. I found no other faults, and the 7.3 liter Ford diesel has amazing power and fuel economy.

I can't wait to put this beast to work. It's a fantastic truck for 5300 bucks.

Joel

That is awesome.. Time for it to go make some money :)

Stig, nice work. What happened to the log, that looks like table material?

The woodturner got it all, it was also prime turning material. He gets a lot of orders for sets of matching platters, walnut is great for that.

I knew there would be metal in it, so I didn't dare send it to a mill.

Brutal!

I had an easy one today... Sorry no before.. pretty straight forward though. Live oak leaning into a blue oak over a garage and propane tank. New roof on garage now. I was pretty sure she said they were gonna do the house first :lol: Oh well...
Set line in blue oak that was getting pruned and cabled. Prune on side as needed, swing into live oak and self lower to Kat. Make the spar small enough to fit. Leaning bugger that it was...
Swing back into blue oak, prune, set MA, splice in some Tree Guard and hit the epi growth on the way out.. Kat had most the tree chipped before I came out of the blue oak to fell the live oak spar...
Material stayed on site :)
Home owner originally called for a removal of the live oak and removal of one side of the blue over the garage. Nice compromise ;)
Fodder.......

You can kinda see the lean in this one.....
P1010745.jpg

Attachments

• P1010738.jpg
    P1010738.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 58
  • P1010740.jpg
    P1010740.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 59
  • P1010742.jpg
    P1010742.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 59
  • P1010744.jpg