The Official Work Pictures Thread

You come across borderline delusional man. Your bravado doesn't hide your insecurities at all Willard.

It's to bad, you have plenty of good knowledge to share and I genuinely appreciate your input on a lot of topics.

But your constant need to put others down and prove yourself the big man leads me to believe you must feel inadequate a great deal of the time.

See you do it Page aware of some risk. Reg makes some good points for the use of it I think, interesting and certainly worth keeping in mind. That's all I was trying to bring up. I do all sorts of dangerous things, trying to be as aware as possible of all the risks.

Willard.... He's got nothing to worry about I guess. Probably has a blue ox in that trailer too I bet. :D

It generally puts you in front of the saw, as opposed to behind it. So, you're sort of looking in the undercut and can see exactly where the far side of you bar is when making the back cut. In the right situation it's just where you want to be. But there are plenty others where you definitely want to be behind the saw, not in front....from a safety standpoint that is. Like anything, suits certain situations but not others. I generally use it up in a tree as shown in the pics.

I find it very ergonomic to back chain the bottom sloping cut of a humboldt up in a tree, as well as the horizontal cut depending which side of the trunk you are on. Just saying.

For certain up the tree and with any saw without a wrap handle you'll need to backchain to maintain the position or 'side' that you want at times. It's another reason why wrap handlebars are the best.

Different sides of the same coin...who needs wraps when you can just back chain:P

I think this whole back-chaining with the power head underneath discussion falls into the category of "things I didn't know I didn't know"

Some great stuff.

Meh I cut with either side of the bar that suites the situation. I really don't think about it I just do what comes naturally, cut the fugger, collect monnies, and go have a beer.

Don't get me and Butch all riled-up this early in the morning Raj.

Reg: Come to think of it... I do what you say all the time up in the tree with the top-handle. I hate doing it with the big saw but can hardly explain why. It feels like I'm not making a straight-flat cut. It feels like I'm fighting the saw, and it feels like it's much harder to get any work out of the dogs. (They're upside-down after all). I probably just need more practice at it. I probably file my rakers too low, and I run really aggressive side-plates on square-chisels, and my only non-top-handle is a 66. :|:

Awsome pics.

Justin: Good points. I feel ya.

I don't know why you can't cut all 3 cuts from the same side of the tree without a wrap or back chaining. I don't really think much about it, just cut how the ergonomics tell me to!

"Prairie boy" :lol:

I had to chase a raccoon outta that tree!

Attachments

• dead big tree 031.jpg
    dead big tree 031.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 63
  • dead big tree 153.jpg
    dead big tree 153.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 65
Back