The Official Work Pictures Thread

Instead of a jig mounted on the universal plate, what about a "A" frame with it's wide feet staying on the ground, and the jig on top. The mini moves it only to put it on the right place, lands it, then plays the role of a counterweight. No move during the lift, that should be much more stable (and pricey). A hoist is mandatory though.

Crispy critter from today... Made a delightful thump after I took out the tops to minimize damage to the surrounding oaks.
IMG_20121230_111437.jpg IMG_20121230_111519.jpg IMG_20121230_112330.jpg IMG_20121230_112321.jpg IMG_20121230_141205.jpg
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sTrcHcp0ESI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quick video I put together from today, just wanted to show how I feed the chipper with my Gehl loader.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_gbvzgcUCug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Side note- The Gehl is awesome for doing tree work in the snow. This whole clean up took me and one guy two hours to finish, from rolling up to driving away to dump. Would have easily taken me and two other guys at least half a day to cut it all up small enough to drag, then dragging it through the snow to the chipper. Just by myself I had 60% of the tree cut and staged by the time Dad arrived, which was about 20-30 minutes after me. Gotta love it.

I disconnected the backup alarm for a reason, Adrian!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dB1q2sbyQZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hate to be an armchair quarterback, Adrian, and not wanting to be critical of your system but wouldn't it be faster to pick up what you can to the extent of the carrying capacity of the Gehl, drop it off by the chipper, then start feeding it at some later point? Save trips back and forth and the man at the chipper standing around while you are in transit. There were some parts that could be fed by hand, so that could be started quicker. I hate seeing pieces driven by when they can be combined and carried as well. Little things add up time wise by the end of the day, especially on a large job. Hard to judge without being on site, so apology in advance! Kind of into efficient ways of dealing with brush, since as a rule, we have to haul all of it. If you are having fun, that counts too! The Gehl is working great!

Thanks guys. The mechanic reconnected it Carl, I think he thought it was broken haha. It's all good though, i don't mind it too much.

Scott, i think they say cold snap on them, we get them from a place in Cininnati, believe their made by Forestry Pro. I'll look into it for ya.

Thanks Stephan! I've tried to take what I've learned from members of the house and apply it at work, it's been working out well so far.

Jay, some of the piles were smaller than they could be but overall I like to keep them small so I can feed it easily with the machine. It's much faster than grabbing one big pile and cramming it in with the machine or ground guys pulling it apart and chipping it. On long straight pieces I'll grab a big bunch and set it on the tray and feed half or so at a time. The last bunch I grab in the video kind of demonstrates that. Larger piles are tough to feed in and the chipper can have trouble sometimes pulling them in.

NO...just teasing, Nick's making up a silly comment following Jay's long post and Adrian's reply, and I jumped in too, all in fun.

:roll:

8)

Im surpised we don't have anyone that gets on here ripping drunk and leaves us with some REALLY confusing posts.

Back