The Official Work Pictures Thread

I don't think removal videos mean shit to customers. They usually don't care about or understand that stuff until it takes place over their own home. Who knows? Before and after pics are certainly worth something.

In general, they might find advanced rigging interesting, but the main advantage is to show them what is possible. Here's a job we did back in July. The insurance company asked if we could do it without a crane... I pondered it and came up with an easy solution that was very profitable while saving the insurance company the risk of damaging the driveway.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-TwIAz2H9ao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've noticed that people like to watch tree work going on, especially when working high above ground, but after about twenty minutes, their interest usually peaks and they go back into the house. For some reason, I get the impression that they are glad to not be the ones doing the work.. Old loggers and sometimes kids excluded.

A mini skid would have far less capacity. Also, shipping would be expensive, but not undoable.

What do you figure such an attachment would sell for? (For a mini and full size)

Hell, a crane rental is what $125-200/hour say, depending on market, with a 2-4 hour minimum. I would say you could charge 3-4x that rate if you could get the height and SWL high enough to be worthwhile and versatile.

$1500?? Maybe more maybe less...What say the masses?

How tall was yours? How tall could you conceivably make it? 2 pieces maybe? SWL?

Dark to dark today. Climbed for Harlan this morning, 5 trees on a steep hill, power line one side, school the other, new wall at the bottom. One tree was a nightmare, totally ivy covered. Seems like he chose a green crew today too, they sucked!

Finished that and knocked out this leaning ash with the bucket before dark, it up rooted yesterday and was headed towards the wires.

12-22-12.jpg 12-22-12 2.jpg 12-22-12 3.jpg

A mini skid would have far less capacity. Also, shipping would be expensive, but not undoable.

What do you figure such an attachment would sell for? (For a mini and full size)

Hell, a crane rental is what $125-200/hour say, depending on market, with a 2-4 hour minimum. I would say you could charge 3-4x that rate if you could get the height and SWL high enough to be worthwhile and versatile.

$1500?? Maybe more maybe less...What say the masses?

How tall was yours? How tall could you conceivably make it? 2 pieces maybe? SWL?

What do you think Carl? You are the authority on machinery. I really dont know at all.

Nice, B. Never a dull moment these days with trees in CT.

It was fairly windy here today, I was outside in my driveway when I heard an absolutely massive cracking, cracking, then huge crash of a huge tree hittin the deck several blocks away. Half hour later the owners called for a price to clean up the massive uprooted white pine that squashed their shed. This stuff is unending lately, Monday we are craning out a storm damaged maple that was beat up by storms before Sandy, its been on my books since then.

What do you think Carl? You are the authority on machinery. I really dont know at all.

The biggest problem with selling a gin pole attachment is the associated liability. It isn't hard to conceive a list of things that could go wrong.

With the exception of liability, $1500 could likely cover the cost of a mini skid jib attachment. Safe working load would be limited by the mini skid carrier.

One way to possibly negate some of the liability as well as lower shipping cost would be to sell it in kit form. You would have the attachment plate and the mast head. Locally you would source the boom's material and have it cut to the recommended length. The attachment plate and mast head could be welded or bolted, fielder's choice.

A full size jib comes with even larger liabilities due to the larger capacities of the carrier.

Let me run the idea past Dave to see if this would be a Branch Manager Attachments attachment, of an off the books attachment.

Who is actually interested in such an attachment? A kit or a constructed/powered coated/shipped solution?

As far as I know the Vermeer S800TX is the strongest machine that uses the mini universal plate. That would be what the jib was designed for with regards to SWL (2400LB tipping load). What kind of height? Don't forget you don't have any FOPS, and the higher it is, the more leverage the load has to make your day turn for the worse.

An inordinate amount of common sense/planning would be required to use such an attachment... hence the liability.

A hydraulic hoist would be an option, although it would more than double the cost of the attachment.

Send me some plans Carl. I'll fab one up over the winter. At least a rough sketch. I will hold no liability with anyone but myself.

Designing it opens me up to liability in and of itself.

Haha hydraulic extension I might build into mine, but I bet the average person isn't going to pony up for it.

Jeff, that wasn't his job.

Ok Carl, where do I sign?:lol:

stock-photo-2206210-signing-a-check.jpg

Back