The Official Work Pictures Thread

My luck i would trip and spike my head on it or something. Years ago (before i was born i think) we had an ironworker fall from height here into some rebar on a bridge job, terrible to even think about :( that's why they require those rubber end stoppers on them now, at least pad the pointy things.

Indeed. And even a fall from what might normally be a sub-fatal height, on to a fence like that could spell the be-all end.

It's a very low probability event...just something the self-preservation part of our brains might dwell on.
I had a family member ask me to remove a branch from a tree overhanging a fence like that. He was very concerned about this possibility. In order to ease his worries and also protect the fence points from rigging errors I built a sturdy wooden box to distribute the impact to the entire fence structure. It was topped by a 2x6 oriented so the broad side faced up. Still don’t want fall on it.

I slipped off a bridge form once, and caught myself ~1" before having a piece of rebar go through my neck. It wasn't a freefall like you might get in treework, but it was still enough force to not be much of an impediment to penetration.

Eric, they build boxes like that on bridges for rebar protection. When the footer's poured, you end up with long rows of rebar sticking up, especially in the wingwalls. Probably faster than using the mushroom tops, and all the material is already there.

Nice work, Max. I'm surprised you shortened it so much since you had room to drop it if taller. Minor details is all.

If they could get Max to stop cutting for a month or two and move him into battle, they'd probably win the war

Nice work, Max. I'm surprised you shortened it so much since you had room to drop it if taller. Minor details is all.

If they could get Max to stop cutting for a month or two and move him into battle, they'd probably win the war
Don't give them any ideas... The state is always watching.

His screen name sure fits him, guy is a monster. I wish we could bottle his work ethic, then put it in the water supply like chlorine.

IMG_7716.jpeg
Cam doing his thing. I kinda pushed him to do it though. We had another tree earlier that was out of reach with the elevator to safely take the top and while they kept going back and forth on how to do it, I put my gear on and did it. We ended the day after he took this top. Playing rock, paper, scissors for the other side tomorrow.
I should add that the top he took was still eight inches in diameter.

I did not feel too heebie jeebie with the right crew with a rope puller pull or throwing it with the favor. Finesse, not force. But, add a mini skid or skid steer, loader, now youre talking heebie jeebie. Or crispy dead. Sigh of relief when that hits ground and nothing fails.

Strapped and cutting. Now some how, Youtube deleted the crunch and made it a too short short.

Basic idea less the propane tank target. I need to find the raw video and reload it.

Wow, that's one white tree! What is it exactly? I've never seen a birch that solidly white before.
Quaking Aspen. They smell sweet, and leave a white dust on everything that touches them. When they get Armalaria, they smell like cow piss. You can tell the health of one by the smell of your first cut. Which is why I plunge cut low on the stump before anything.

Back