The Official Work Pictures Thread

Thanks, Sean. I hope to have many more, and they generate work and sales!

Only ever had one lift, and I haven't used it since 2009-2010 for tree work. It's being sold for parts to a guy in MN, I was planning on scrapping it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you say so. I still don't get it.

How much did that thing cost you? And how long did it last?

Was it a Spider lift?

It is a Genie TZ50/30. Regarding cost and service life, neither really matter. My ROI was easily 1000% over 5 years.

And here's yesterdays job. Used the gehl to help a friend load about 10-12 tons of fresh cut lumber into a uhaul to take to a kiln to dry. he had to do it in two trips.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355747477.430577.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355747508.893018.jpg

Friday's lunch money job.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PICkKByVDPU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Carl, That was a really great video, from a production standpoint I really loved it. I am pretty jealous of your camera quiver and your loaders!

Was that FF video, or timelpased stills for the majority? What reso did you edit it all in?

Cant tell you how much I liked it!

None of that video was time lapse, don't know what FF stands for. An easy way to tell is the underlying audio left under music. It was all shot at 1080P 30FPS, transcoded to Pro Res 422, edited in FCPX at 1080P 29.97FPS, and exported at 1080P 29.97FPS .h264.

My computer is a MacBook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz i7, 16gb 1600mhz ram, 750gb ssd, OS X 10.8.2. The scratch disk is a laCie 2big RAID 0 6TB with Thunderbolt. The cameras as Scott mentioned are GoPro Hero 3 Blacks, Protune on. 64GB Class 10 Sandisk MicroSD cards. I will likely order get a couple more GoPro's, one for Scott's helmet, and one as a floater/for the helicopter. It's tough to have too many angles, until it comes time to store the footage! So far we have done 2 jobs where we filmed, about 3.5 hours of actual production work. 242GB of raw footage. Converting to ProRes 422 quadruples that roughly. I'm playing with the idea of building a file server.

I'm thinking there may be a limited market for me doing videography for others.

Haha I didn't have clean up the pad, but the blower happened to be in the trailer... figured I might as well use some of that gas in it!

Great stuff guys. Now just get some angles from way out on a branch looking laterally at the work and work that in. Cant wait to see the copter footage!

Scott, you got some moxie climbing that bad boy! No other TIP huh?

Freedom Fries, got it!

I don't follow the camera position suggestion, Nick. Are you saying attach the camera to the limb, pointed back at the trunk, then cut said limb off? If so, I hope to capture a similar angle from the helicopter with less impedance on production.

I also figure a prosumer camera like the Canon Vixia HF G10 is also in my future, although I'd rather have more GoPro's currently. For marketing, especially for equipment, I think the videos will seriously earn their keep. For my manual work (Trees/Stumps/Etc), I figure they will spiff up the website and show that we can do more than just trees and stumps (promote the etc). Also I will put these videos on the iPad for showing customers what the end results could look like, or showing potential customers what the machines can do (at expos).

Back