The Official Work Pictures Thread

I'd be interested in hearing what y'all think of those chipper blades. Do they look like they were flipped at the right time? Too late? Too soon?

John and I finished the 23 dead spruce job. It was done in 3 stages. 2 of the remaining trees came down in the wind and the neighbor cut them up and piled them. It wasn’t easy to sort through. Blew the chips on site and spread them as mulch.

We had to use the chainsaw inside the chipper to clear a blockage behind the feed wheel. First time for that! John’s idea.

Her Norway maple is next. It has an incurable fungal infection that I always forget the name of and don’t want to leave this page to find it.

Attachments

• IMG_9063.jpeg
    IMG_9063.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9064.jpeg
    IMG_9064.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9065.jpeg
    IMG_9065.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 7
I was reading that the Box Elder was a shit tree so I went through some old pics to find a nice one and show some love. Posted a few other random ones that someone might find interesting.
View attachment 137119View attachment 137120View attachment 137121View attachment 137122
I’m going to say 99% of all boxelder are shit trees with the remaining 1% being nice trees. They just don’t developed into nice trees or are often in the worst locations possible. It’s often the horrendous locations that foster the hatred for them.

I'm only defending them because they're "Manitoba" maples. We have a ton of them and I must concur most are not aesthetically pleasing but who are we to judge what nature has wrought?

Last edited:
Oh I get it, some of my favorite trees are are all gnarly and twisted, borderline grotesque looking. Manitobas tend to be problematic here. I have a nice single stem in my yard but that one in a thousand.

that forwarder-grapplesaw rig looks pretty good, just a little bit slow on the streets ;)

first i further reduced a pretty broken beech tree, zipline over little river. than a linden removal, we left a 6m habitat with some foliage. had a very fresh guy run the ropes, he did pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_6833.jpeg
    IMG_6833.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6827.jpeg
    IMG_6827.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 5
Serious Beast of a Machine.

No doubt it is real quiet too

I topped a red oak as well as a previously nicely structured white oak today. Both trees were in great shape but the homeowner was afraid of them so I told them that we need to give em a haircut ASAP so the occupants of the home aren’t killed. Wait till they find out that I’m gonna have to come back every few years to re top. Gonna get expensive! Sometimes dem trees jus need a haircut!

That’s not my work, just something I saw today. What a shame.

Attachments

• IMG_9066.jpeg
    IMG_9066.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
5 minutes.
We have 500 ancient linden in alleys that need the tops taken out, in order to wind firm them.
He'll work as a feller buncher on those. We'll have another forwarder move the material for chipping.
Chip prices are so high, the biomass will more than pay for the job.
Pictures will follow.

So far above my pay grade, I'd have to remind myself to close my mouth...

Took forever for the pics to load with the weather we've had lolz. That's quite the machine indeed!

Sometimes, I just like to watch equipment at work, especially with a skilled operator in control... guess the nine year old boy in me hasent died yet...

Back