The Official Work Pictures Thread

Dave, did you find many critters working in those cedars? Looks like they'd have a lot of commonality with palms. Lots of hidey holes for critters to get in.

Drill-tested a rotting willow in an HOA greenbelt.

Throwlined a decent TIP, advanced higher to about 90' in this doug-fir and sent my rope and down for a base- tie.

Grabbed my spurs and pieced out the willow, down to one trunk. Didn't have a hole for a top and didn't want to climb higher in it, as my TIP was 20' behind and maybe 30-40' up, and there was sapsucker damage. I tip-tied the one leader using my redirect from my climbing line. Tipped it. Cut it off the stump, cut the butt out several times, tipped it over. All natural crotch/ trunk wrap on 3-strand. 20240311_152842.jpg 20240311_152919.jpg 20240311_164537.jpg 20240311_164541.jpg 20240311_165304.jpg

I think my phone's camera lens may be scratched up and/ or dirty, with sprinkling rain cloudy light.

You probably are aware that non-3/4 wrap handles can easily and effectively be used with the motor 'under' the bar, just saying

IMG_7641.jpeg
Just making messes and cleaning them up. Hopefully the weather cooperates for the rest of the week and I can get out of these backyards. This oak stump is actually over top of a high pressure line. How did they let it get this way? Sheds and fences all sitting on the line. What a PITA

No idea. These lines were installed before the houses. I’m not sure but I believe this is a bare steel line which means it’s been there forever and a day. I’ll ask our inspectors tomorrow about the installation date.

I was thinking one wedge is plenty when rope pulling, push the wedge in as it's going over, then it is in if there is a sudden problem

IMG_7650.jpeg IMG_7649.jpeg IMG_7650.jpeg IMG_7649.jpeg IMG_7651.jpeg Ok the line was installed in 1958 and it’s most likely a tar wrapped line.
Fine looking stump :rockon:

Jc, why all the wedges if it was pulled with a rope?
Honestly it’s because I asked a new guy to grab a few wedges and he brought all these. So I used them just for fun. I also showed the guys how using multiple wedges makes lifting much easier since they all share the load.

Don’t know why the pics ended up above my response and why they are doubles. Got poured on while in the last tree today. It’s been a while since I was on spurs. Felt good. The rain was welcome but got to be a bit excessive so I called it after it was brushed out.

Yes. All those sheds are on the pipeline and so is that damn fence. I’m pretty sure they rubbed the line with the post. As much as it would please me, I’m not allowed to smash anything. Also the view looking at those sheds was done by another crew. We made the connection today and will be done with this section early tomorrow. Then off to the next one.

Yes. All those sheds are on the pipeline and so is that damn fence. I’m pretty sure they rubbed the line with the post. As much as it would please me, I’m not allowed to smash anything. Also the view looking at those sheds was done by another crew. We made the connection today and will be done with this section early tomorrow. Then off to the next one.
Last question (probably) What kind of high pressure main? Sounds like natural gas from what you were describing in previous posts.

I started the day pushing a few loads of dirt out for my neighbor, apparently he spend an hour with a small tractor trying to spread the little bit that was done in the first picture. The top soil should have been cut out before dumping the dirt, but not my circus, not my monkeys. I was going to grind some stumps do some other things, but the plan changed when a buddy with a semi dump truck called to say he had the afternoon free. He hauled in 25 tons of rock for a driveway and hauled maybe around 135 tons of trashy dirt out for me.
1710473494840-jpeg.137059

1710473529058-jpeg.137060

1710473389754.png
1710473017482.jpeg
1710473822853.jpeg

Attachments

• 1710473494840.jpeg
    11.3 MB · Views: 34
  • 1710473529058.jpeg
    12 MB · Views: 30
Back