The Official Work Pictures Thread

Finished a job
Do you have the RBL eyes oriented like that for a particular reason?

The mini broom, is that a key piece of gear? How do you carry the mini attachments, just on a flatbed with the mini?

Did you get that butt outta there with the mini?

What size grinder made the stump go away?

Thx.

@lxskllr
if you look close at the house there is a few chips in the siding. Below is a patch to keep critters out where he hit the foundation with a log because he said he didn’t need a rope. Also gutter damages, fence damages,neighbors yards rutted up. That’s the big one. He didn’t get permission or even mat it. Also forgot to report any of this to our office.
@cory
RBL eyes are just because that’s how Cameron put them. I like to have them come from behind and then up over the top so they don’t get the knot under the log. The mini broom works great, in the right situation. This lawn was already FUBAR plus with grinding the surface roots it was planned for restoration. Of the grass has good established roots and thick it does little damage. Also it needs to be fairly flat and decently dry. It can tear up if you’re not careful though. In ideal conditions the rakes can stay in the truck. Broom and then back pack blower. Butt came out with the mini in 18” slabs. Still was tippy. We had the Vermeer SC70 for the grinder today. It does pretty good. I still prefer the old tow behinds though. I’m sure if I got to use it more I’d like it better

Nice work, Max.

Lotta snow there, do you see much evidence of global warming in St Petes?

Anything else is unacceptable.
Just thinking... are those some sort of special steel cuz if not I would think they might rust thru in not that long a time and them ya gotta start all over?

Just thinking... are those some sort of special steel cuz if not I would think they might rust thru in not that long a time and them ya gotta start all over?

They’ll probably wrap it with a rubber type “tape” or coat it with marine epoxy.

Some steel's supposed to rust, then hold steady for it's expected lifespan. They've been replacing galvanized lattice electric towers with rusty monopoles around here. They were also doing it with guardrail for awhile. Not sure why they stopped. Rusty metal looks better than galvanized imo. I don't have a good grasp on steel. Some of it rusts, but stays sound, and other stuff will rust away to nothing. No idea what the difference is. Then there's wrought iron. That holds up good. It gets a rusty patina, then lasts forever. Maybe it's carbon content that affects it.

@lxskllr
if you look close at the house there is a few chips in the siding. Below is a patch to keep critters out where he hit the foundation with a log because he said he didn’t need a rope. Also gutter damages, fence damages,neighbors yards rutted up. That’s the big one. He didn’t get permission or even mat it. Also forgot to report any of this to our office.
@cory
RBL eyes are just because that’s how Cameron put them. I like to have them come from behind and then up over the top so they don’t get the knot under the log. The mini broom works great, in the right situation. This lawn was already FUBAR plus with grinding the surface roots it was planned for restoration. Of the grass has good established roots and thick it does little damage. Also it needs to be fairly flat and decently dry. It can tear up if you’re not careful though. In ideal conditions the rakes can stay in the truck. Broom and then back pack blower. Butt came out with the mini in 18” slabs. Still was tippy. We had the Vermeer SC70 for the grinder today. It does pretty good. I still prefer the old tow behinds though. I’m sure if I got to use it more I’d like it better
IMG_1424.jpeg
Make you one. No tippyness, log truck driver doesn’t have to deal with small chunks. Very low impact.

Some steel's supposed to rust, then hold steady for its expected lifespan. They've been replacing galvanized lattice electric towers with rusty monopoles around here. They were also doing it with guardrail for awhile. Not sure why they stopped. Rusty metal looks better than galvanized imo. I don't have a good grasp on steel. Some of it rusts, but stays sound, and other stuff will rust away to nothing. No idea what the difference is. Then there's wrought iron. That holds up good. It gets a rusty patina, then lasts forever. Maybe it's carbon content that affects it.
Core-ten is the generic name for this steel. There are a handful of other “weathering” steels.

Some steel's supposed to rust, then hold steady for it's expected lifespan. They've been replacing galvanized lattice electric towers with rusty monopoles around here. They were also doing it with guardrail for awhile. Not sure why they stopped. Rusty metal looks better than galvanized imo. I don't have a good grasp on steel. Some of it rusts, but stays sound, and other stuff will rust away to nothing. No idea what the difference is.
THIS. For me as well, including current monopole/lattice tower replacement in my locale

Nice work, Max.

Lotta snow there, do you see much evidence of global warming in St Petes?
I do not observe any obvious changes in connection with global warming in our country. Over 4.5 billion years, there have been many warming and cooling events on Earth. The planet has a life of its own, and I think all this fuss about global warming is just nonsense.

What are grey pines known for? Like white pines are sappy and brittle, red pines are sappy and tough...etc.

What are grey pines known for? Like white pines are sappy and brittle, red pines are sappy and tough...etc.
Burnam got most of it. Add tight crotchs with included bark that sheer off on targets like a magnet. Wood fiber that holds on for dear life. Large and sharp bark platelets that are grabby on rope.
Multi lead off every lead of multi leads. Like a gift that keeps on giving.
Yellow pine family.

Sounds like a treat!

So I think you are saying they are quite strong yet also regularly subject to storm damage which seems ironic and reminds me of shagbark hickory- very strong yet does get storm-broken limbs and lose crotches. Perhaps the high strength also yields inflexibility and hence storm damage.

Back