The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nice job Leon - horrible tree.

Jay, that is a simple & beautiful piece of furniture

Indeed beautiful! A work of art.

I feel for you Leon... People plant that all over CA and AZ as well.. I first tangled with it in So CAL on my Grandmas place... She had orange trees and it was under one of them.... Painful... Not on the scale you have there though... Hope you brought a needle and bandages....

Treeguy75 I would imagine simple green sprayed on there then let it sit a bit then hose it or preferably pressure wash it off.

Jamin, I wasnt there so dont know but that dead tree in the wind, 1 put the job off till there isnt wind so you are not as scared 2 like Butch said rig smaller, that was a huge piece which put a big shock load on the tree, you could have reached up a foot more and taken it in 3 pieces. I know its very easy to critique from the comfort of my living room but Im trying to be constructive here, I do some fairly sketchy trees from time to time and get scared shitless up there, when you are scared you make poor choices which brings me back to 1 dont do sketchy trees on windy days. AS it is its all good because the tree didnt fail; and you didnt die and I hope you got paid!:)

Anybody with spurs, ropes and a long bar could have topped Jerrys "150' up and still 7' diameter" redwood, too...ahem

I had thought about before while I was setting up. Now thinking about it more next time should wait. Following day and today beautiful weather. The job was less than a mile from my house, wouldn't of killed me to go back the next morning. Next time I'll call it
Treeguy75 I would imagine simple green sprayed on there then let it sit a bit then hose it or preferably pressure wash it off.

Jamin, I wasnt there so dont know but that dead tree in the wind, 1 put the job off till there isnt wind so you are not as scared 2 like Butch said rig smaller, that was a huge piece which put a big shock load on the tree, you could have reached up a foot more and taken it in 3 pieces. I know its very easy to critique from the comfort of my living room but Im trying to be constructive here, I do some fairly sketchy trees from time to time and get scared shitless up there, when you are scared you make poor choices which brings me back to 1 dont do sketchy trees on windy days. AS it is its all good because the tree didnt fail; and you didnt die and I hope you got paid!:)

I keep a very loose schedule, I tell customers an approx wait time and then call them the night before. I would have looked at the weather and not chose that job. Obviously the weather isnt always right but for that job I would have wanted 0% chance of rain and 0mph wind:lol:

Jay you need a vacation in VA !! Maybe a 6 month one

Just rescheduled 4 days work, Scheduled a trip to the valley... 2 4H events, wrote two of three estimates. Tagged 4 more days work in December/January and sold almost a grand more work. Rain day shuffle :D

Table was a little over 2 gs Butch. Customer told me he thought it was too cheap. Probably a bit, but I have done a lot of work for him before, and he is frequently buying me lunch. :) His lovely wife was killed in a traffic accident awhile back, he gets a little down still, living by himself. Lives close by and we have become pretty good friends. Seems to really appreciate my woodwork.

Never been to Virginia, it must be very nice.

Willard, some of the old cast iron T saws are great ones. Good luck with it, be mindful of safety for sure, like a sharp blade.

A guy wanted a simple low table for a traditional mat room. I've always liked the combination of Walnut and Cherry A little natural asymmetry seems to work well in these rooms, everything is so rectilinear and furniture is very sparse to non existent. The mats are really comfortable to sit or lay on by the way, if you have never experienced it. You can get them with heating elements installed under now, very nice in the winter.

Beautiful!

Back