The Official Work Pictures Thread

Remember, the more deflection, the more load capacity. If you have a grcs and a right angle drill or a capstan winch of some kind, it works pretty well.

We get to use this set up probably more than most because of our terrain and access issues.. The portable winch is the bomb for it. Once the load has traveled to its destination, just shut off the motor and let the line slack out over the capstan. Just have to watch your slack speed since the fair lead is on the intake.

Why use a branch when you've got a man on the ground? You can be sloppier with your cuts, since your mat(Matt?) can move under the falling branches.

Dude. Cool rigging work. Most would of just ripped up there with a Bob cat or something and trashed....

Rad seeing you and Mr. G cruising... Mike still there?

I was really proud if what we got done today...

Exactly Mr. Sir just bouncing free cuts... to be honest he was out 40 feet horizontal Siberian elm limb... I said just PEEL them in... and Mike just broke the fall and protected the gutters and giant window and tile work and stucco work...

Those two are a solid crew... Young Garrett just starting treework.... but been in rock climbing and hi lining for years...

Yeah, Mike is still hanging. His hours have been cut back pretty hard due to always last minute stuff. I have a sub, Ty, that was also a customer at one point. He does construction stuff but retired young. Have him fixing stuff and helping when we need. We help him on his projects. He own a dingo. It's a good fit. Hard worker, go getter and always observant of what needs doing.

Hasn't transitioned just added... he's a neat kid.

If you have IG I think he's public... @2bargarrett
He has crazy pics... also a musician and vocalist... just started playing a night cafe... 20191010_111029.jpg

I would find a limb with natural "fingers" in it I could cut into a handlike shape. A polesaw offers only one finger and the limb could still slide on the person.

Good idea

Hasn't transitioned just added... he's a neat kid.

If you have IG I think he's public... @2bargarrett

Danks

Yeah cool IG for sure. Trees gotta be cake for this cat!

I call it a cradle limb.

Why are you making separate posts back to back? Three in a row in 3 minutes?

I'll give anyone whatever post count they want. It's about time to reset mine to zero. Gawd, I wonder what my REAL post count is? I can start with 10,000 from AS!

Storm pic...
I hired another climber, he was in one tree I was in the other, we have to cut out all the salt and wind burned tips from the casuarinas....head them back to the first live twigs or to nodes if the branches were really mullered...
This is at a high end property, dead tree tips are not allowed!

Attachments

• 20191009_152223.jpg
    20191009_152223.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 48
Back